DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: What did you do to your Coronet this Week ....???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
67r/t4speeder Wrote:If you put a straight edge on a hydraulic it is actually domed(convex) to create a rotation when running, I am sure there are some exceptions to this. Gotta look close but its convex, mine are doming the wrong way WAAAAAHHHHHH Sad so it is wearing the edge of the cam lobe now....not good. This engine has done well and will live again and I am going to patch it up for now so I can still drive it around while I build a new one.
I need to pull my C440 out of storage and start building it up again, I already started on it then ran out of money.

Danke sire... I've only looked closely at em when they were flat (and my wallet can't afford roller)
Hemi Guy Wrote:I'll bet that the cam is wiped
That is what my machinist said too. Probably true.
67r/t4speeder Wrote:That is what my machinist said too. Probably true.

I'm extremely sorry to hear about this drive train related issue with Max Andy.

Hydraulic camshafts have become troublesome since around 2000 or so when the oil companies were forced to remove most, if not all of the zinc from most all of their motor oils. I know personally that if I ever need to purchase another camshaft for either my Coronet, or my sons Dart, I will be swapping over to a roller style set-up where zinc additives are no longer an issue. A roller set-up will hit your wallet harder up front, but it will save you a lot of grief down the road. For now though, I use a motor oil with a zinc additive, plus I also use a Comp Cams zinc additive at every oil change to try and protect my two current hydraulic camshafts and their flat tappet lifters.

Richard
Wow! Just finished bolting the new TTI headers up to the hemi. Not the easiest thing I have done yet but at least it is done. The entire engine bay is full...maybe 1/2 inch clearance on each side but no more. I would recommend TTI for anyone. Great product and design.

next comes starter, flex plate, converter and power glide install. Sullivan gets to do that.
Ordered new cam, Thankyou Mike for your input.
Quote:
Yanked old cam out looks fine but taking no chances

1,200 post ...do they make a1200 cid? Sure somebody did .
67r/t4speeder Wrote:Ordered new cam, Thankyou Mike for your input.

Glad you are going in the right direction with Max. I'm also glad someone talks more than me! LOL
Today I went riding dirtbikes then then we skeet shooting, so no max for me I'm beat tired and loving it . A good day in the dirt.
Where's my dinner woman?!!! Don't tell Lauri I said that Smile

What are the specs on the new cam Andy"

Richard

Hmm.. I wonder if Tommy Ivo's dragsters would fall into that displacement?
My wife's not overly happy at the moment. Since I found the windshield chrome a few weeks ago I decided it must be time to purchase some motor parts. To keep it simple I ordered a complete Edelbrock Performer RPM kit including heads, intake, cam, lifters, timing chain, and bolts. Now to find the right short-block.....