DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: What did you do to your Coronet this Week ....???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

JennFAFA

Wow Richard ... I could have used that tool! LOL But no matter ... getting under my car is nice for two reasons 1) cause its my car and i dont mind getting dirty and 2) its nice to see all the NEW stuff under there Big Grin
JennFAFA Wrote:Wow Richard ... I could have used that tool! LOL But no matter ... getting under my car is nice for two reasons 1) cause its my car and i dont mind getting dirty and 2) its nice to see all the NEW stuff under there Big Grin

By the way Jenn, did you ever have a chance to look into the information that I found for you for your cars seat covers and door panels? That's a very cool material that they used on your cars original seat covers from the factory! Smile It made me really happy to see that it's still available for you! Cool

Richard
My 99 Ram Sport 1500 Quad Cab has really been enjoying being back inside of my garage next to my sons Dart this past week, as my Coronet has been at my buddies shop to get a few things done.

As an update to my last post, this past week we've been able to complete the following:

(1) Checked out the complete parking brake system from front to back that's been out of service for awhile. I had purchased all new parts for this system over the years thinking that replacement parts would be needed since everything on this system is factory original, but after getting the car up on the lift and inspecting all of the parts, the only original piece of the entire system that needed any attention was the small plastic connector that is located with the spring on the release handle rod assembly, along with some adjustments on the cars original three cables. Man, I absolutely LOVE being able to stick with original parts whenever possible! Cool So all of the replacement parts will go back into my storage bins until needed in the future. (cool huh Rich? Rofl)

(2) Replaced the gasket on my Mopar Performance deep transmission oil pan that has had a small leak. Really pretty amazing that's the only leak on the car, as we all know how much older Mopars love to leak their vital fluids on the garage floor! Rofl

(3) Everything is new on the front and rear suspension and the brake system, but we did a safety check on all of the parts underneath the car anyway since it's been sitting for so long. Everything checked out fine, so that was good news. I may need to look at a new set of tires because of their age, but I've been considering selling the Weld Draglite wheels and replacing them with something more period correct if my budget allows me to that. I'll see how that goes as the interior restoration continues.

(4) Installed the new B&M T-Handle shifter handle that I mentioned earlier on my B&M Quicksilver shifter.

Up next is the complete restoration of the internal and exterior door parts, including all of the usual parts, plus all of the additional power window parts and all of the side glass weatherstipping. I will also have a new set of Canadian made Chrysler lower door hinges painted and installed so that the doors can be rehung to allow for correct alignment of all of the side glass. So with that work coming soon, I've been going through my parts bins to make sure that I have all of the n.o.s. and reproduction parts on hand to accomplish this project. There sure are LOTS of additional parts involved when you have factory power windows! :p I'm going to have to recruit some help from friends here in Phoenix for this project, as it's just too much for me to do by myself anymore. :p Anybody have any information on how all of these door and window parts were installed and aligned on the cars at the factory on the assembly line? popcorn The factory service manuals do give lots of excellent information on this subject and I'm sure that the factory had some kind of a jig set up, but since every car is slightly different due to the assembly process and these parts must be positioned correctly to interact with each other, it makes me wonder how it was done on the assembly line where time was and still money?

Richard
Man, I was already eyeing those emergency brake parts. Not gonna sleep well tonight.Rofl
Oh, and is it OK if I include my blue hard top GTX? Took that to a show tonight, Of course only a couple mopars. Two 65/66 Valiants and one 70 Superbee. Couple of others but those ones stood out. I had the only 66/67 B-body as usual. Ran great and I love how it breaks the tires loose on the 1-2 shift.
ws27 Wrote:Oh, and is it OK if I include my blue hard top GTX? Took that to a show tonight, Of course only a couple mopars. Two 65/66 Valiants and one 70 Superbee. Couple of others but those ones stood out. I had the only 66/67 B-body as usual. Ran great and I love how it breaks the tires loose on the 1-2 shift.
Nice Rich!! You got out for a SPIN!!
Have you shown us pictures of your GTX that I've missed Rich?

Richard
thebankerstoy Wrote:Have you shown us pictures of your GTX that I've missed Rich?

Richard
I'm happy to share some pics, but I wasn't sure I'd bore you with non Coronet pics. There are some on my home computer, I'll post tonight.
See, it was just you and a couple of guys that brought the "real" cars!!
ws27 Wrote:I'm happy to share some pics, but I wasn't sure I'd bore you with non Coronet pics. There are some on my home computer, I'll post tonight.

If it was built by Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, DeSoto or even AMC buddy, we're all going to love it here on the DCR, especially if it's one from your fantastic collection! Big Grin

Richard