DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: What did you do to your Coronet this Week ....???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Joe mama Wrote:I better leave now so we wont be late. I hope you pitch in for gas this time! lol

Yeah a couple rolls of pennies wasn't a very nice gesture last time huh?
6197] But the new Gates pump came with all the plugs installed where I need heater and bypass nipples, and they must have used military grade loc-tite on the threads because I cannot get them out without heating it up. And if you look close one is cross threaded in there. I thought being Gates it would be USA but NO!!! Guess where ?

So just going to send back and try again. Maybe just rebuild old one if possible.
Andy, that is that same problem I had with the pump for Jim's wagon. I did get the plugs out, then trying to find a nipple for the by pass hose became a problem. Finally got it together, painted the engine and the harmonic balancer hit the bottom of the pump. Same country of origin too. It was an Airtex.

I'll have to get a picture or the fancy plumbing I did for the heater hose. LOL, Jim was a little concerned.
Andy.. Cardone pumps are rebuilt here in the US. Part number for Morgan is 58-180
ws27 Wrote:Andy, that is that same problem I had with the pump for Jim's wagon. I did get the plugs out, then trying to find a nipple for the by pass hose became a problem. Finally got it together, painted the engine and the harmonic balancer hit the bottom of the pump. Same country of origin too. It was an Airtex.

I'll have to get a picture or the fancy plumbing I did for the heater hose. LOL, Jim was a little concerned.
I think we ended up with a non poly pump anyway, is Jims a poly also? In book it even shows no plugs installed and looks different than the one we got in box.

So yours had plugs installed also?
67440Dodge Wrote:Andy.. Cardone pumps are rebuilt here in the US. Part number for Morgan is 58-180
Thanks Mike that is more what our old pump looks like. notice the extra hose port on new pump I pictured with cross threaded plug? Ours only has 2 like the # you gave me .

http://www.partsgeek.com/ss/?i=1&ssq=58-180&x=12&y=9
67440Dodge Wrote:Andy.. Cardone pumps are rebuilt here in the US. Part number for Morgan is 58-180

While I haven't personally done any business with them, I have heard some good things about them.

Richard
67r/t4speeder Wrote:I think we ended up with a non poly pump anyway, is Jims a poly also? In book it even shows no plugs installed and looks different than the one we got in box.

So yours had plugs installed also?

Yes, but they came out. I'm not sure if there is any difference between the poly and la.
thebankerstoy Wrote:While I haven't personally done any business with them, I have heard some good things about them.

Richard

Friend of mine needed the water pump rebuilt for his Corvette. They said they'd rebuild it and send it back. He marked it in a way that sure enough, he got the same one back he sent them.
ws27 Wrote:Yes, but they came out. I'm not sure if there is any difference between the poly and la.
The outlet is on the drivers side on a poly passengers side on an LA