DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: What did you do to your Coronet this Week ....???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
installed new motor mounts, from Schumacher.
I did 2 things this week..

Put in a Hurst Pro-Matic 2 shifter in the factory console..Smile I made a 'howto' topic about this elsewhere in this forum.

http://www.dodgecoronet.com/forum/showth...RY-CONSOLE!

And added a Hotchkis sway bar to the front end. Replacing my stock factory one. Since putting the rear sway bar on last year I was feeling like I was getting some 'push' from the rear through corners. This happens when the stiffness of the rear bar matches or exceeds the front. Which I knew would happen when we installed the rear one. I was not sure how much this was going to affect things but at the start of the season this year I decided to change the front for a much heavier Hotchkis one.

8368]8369]
theman440 Wrote:Mark,
How do you like those heads?
I haven't really got to run it enough for an evaluation. The only issue I had with installation was the intake. I had paper gaskets along with the valley pan on the iron heads and I couldn't get the Weiand manifold bolt holes to line up in that configuration. No problems with just the valley pan and some sealant. The long reach of the spark plugs made it difficult to install without loosening the headers but they cleared fine once they were seated. I was able to use the stock rocker assemblies so that saved a lot of cash. Bruce did some nice port work and provided the flow numbers, I could post them if you'd like. Zoran has been running his longer so he could probably give you a better idea.
I can tell you I love mine. Hands down the best set I've ever had on a mopar. Bruce ported mine to what you might call Stage III, they flow very well for the street. I don't run headers so the spark plug access is fine. I have the Mopar HP manifolds. I have plenty of miles (KM's ) on mine now too. So I am sure if there were going to be issues I would have seen them by now.

If you have any questions just ask away! Smile

Here are my flow numbers - underneath the 'Out of box' numbers.

I looked at your photos on the previous page Mark, nice! As you know I painted my heads, I wanted to go stealth-mode. But did you know that I have the ONLY pair WITHOUT the CPPA stamps? Wink I got the very first set destined for the street. I heard there are another pair on a drag car, but Bruce told me that is still not up and running yet.

Mark's 69 Wrote:I haven't really got to run it enough for an evaluation. The only issue I had with installation was the intake. I had paper gaskets along with the valley pan on the iron heads and I couldn't get the Weiand manifold bolt holes to line up in that configuration. No problems with just the valley pan and some sealant. The long reach of the spark plugs made it difficult to install without loosening the headers but they cleared fine once they were seated. I was able to use the stock rocker assemblies so that saved a lot of cash. Bruce did some nice port work and provided the flow numbers, I could post them if you'd like. Zoran has been running his longer so he could probably give you a better idea.

DId your guy happen to flow them Before porting_ I wonder if they flow better than a stock head_
Check my figures..Both BEFORE and after are there. LOL Wink
Do you know how those numbers compare to a stock 906 or 452?
theman440 Wrote:Do you know how those numbers compare to a stock 906 or 452?

I can get that data for you if you want.

I have to add here at this point a few comments about flow.

I guess that some of you already understand what I am going to write so bear with me.

FLOW is not the only indicator you want to be looking at. There are plenty of heads that flow better than the figures I posted, but you must also look at velocity of the flow itself. High flow heads can also be turbulent. Many times those PEAK figures are exactly that..They quote the highest figure attained as the FLOW rate of the particular head being tested. But I would question how CONSISTENT that flow was and what velocity was it. It is no good to have high flow rate but a very turbulent flow.
OK here are the flow numbers for all of those heads vs the CPPA ones.

Smile

8385]
Thanks Man!