DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: What did you do to your Coronet this Week ....???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure yet. I do know the brake lines and hoses have been ruled out.
nice big shop but no one working on your car
Yes, but it doesn't look like they are working on anything else either.
looks like a cool car i'd be diving in on it if I was there
Funny thing is, thats exactly what happened. When I dropped it off on Thursday, they said they wouldn't get to it till the following week. But the guy that usually works on my old cars, asked the boss if he could go ahead and get started before I had even left. That meant some other customer's daily driver got bumped in favor of my Coronet.
Well, I had originally thought the brake pedal issue with my red 67 vert was just a needed adjustment. I tried adjusting them, but that wasn't it. Then it was suggested that it was the hoses. But when I looked at them I could see that all the nuts were rounded off, and I wouldn't be able to replace the hoses without replacing the metal lines. Thats when I took it in to the shop for diagnosis. As it turned out, it was the master cylinder. Guess it figures. The brake pedal hadn't felt quite right even when that master cyinder was new. Guess if I had known, it would have been cheaper to replace it myself. But I would have started my trial and error with replacing all the metal brake lines just so I could then replace the hoses.
So the car stops fine now. I picked it up and dropped off my blue 67 Coronet. The blue one has leaking driver's side exhaust manifold which is leaking due to some corrosion. Years ago I had located sand blasted, and repainted a replacement. But when I retrieved it for installation, I found a piece had broken off around the front bolt hole. I had to locate another replacement. Its not as pretty, but it will do the job. It will at least match the passenger side exhaust manifold. I didn't want to do this job myself because I know that I would break off a stud in the block if I tried.

Heres a picture of the pretty broken one on the right and the salvage yard replacement on the left. Really curious to see what the one that comes off the car will look like. (Sorry about all the toys cluttering the photo. The floor of my house looks like an exploded 1968 Charger at the moment so I put these on a shelf. I was standing over the Charger dash assembly to take the picture.)

8196]
Looks like the black Charger has the inside line and is going for the win against the orange `Cuda

I always enjoy looking at your collection Jim
DAMN that's a sweet collection!!! Nice B bodies in there! Does the slot car track actually work?
67RTBlue Wrote:DAMN that's a sweet collection!!! Nice B bodies in there! Does the slot car track actually work?

Yes it works. Its on a shelf so I could leave it up all the time without it getting in the way.
Jim, we need a picture of you living room...ah... charger.