Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ouch!! It was a bad night for my baby!
Well it finally happened. 2,500 miles after my full restoration an accident!
No fault but my own and no one was hurt. TO make it kind of quick here it is.
I was working on the Coronet, the hood off and the car not running. I finished
up what I was doing so I turned the ignition to the on position by reaching through
the drivers window and then put the car in "park". I then went to the side of the drivers
fender (outside of the car) and took a screw driver to jump it off the started relay
and once I did it started and drove in reverse right through the block wall in my garage!
FUUUUUUCKK!! Status: WIFE FREAKED THE F OUT, SHE THOUGHT I WAS DEAD! The wall is gone and the Coronet only has two SMALL scratches that are very easy to fix!
I was totally shocked. But in the end thanks God no one was hurt!!! So When you think
you put it in Park double check that it didn't actually go in reverse!!!!
Reply Purge Spammer

Ouch...
Reply Purge Spammer

A long time ago I had a 69 Dart 340 4 speed. I was like 17 when this happened. The starter relay was sticking. I was at a stop light and it stalled. Got out with the hood up and did the same thing with the screwdriver - proceeded to run my foot over.......... For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge

So I can relate!
67 Coronet 500 - 9.610 @ 139.20 mph
Owned Since 1981

Daughter's Car
67 Coronet 500 Street Car with AC
13.300 @ 101.75 mph

69 GTX clone - build in progress........
Reply Purge Spammer

I'm glad your O.K.!!
Reply Purge Spammer

Glad everyone is OK
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

Remember you can always fix your car, not always yourself.

Was the neutral safety switch working?
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

So sorry to hear about the accident. It could have been much worse. Glad to hear no one was hurt and the car was not damaged to much. If it makes you feel better I did the same thing once before it was on a 74 dodge truck I used to have. It was in gear and I started it by jumping the relay. It started moving forward when I was standing in front of it. Luckily it was in my yard with lots of room around it and I was able to run to the drivers door and shut it off
Clean as a whistle 
Smelling like a rose
Reply Purge Spammer

Ya thank God my son was not behind the car he would have been killed. Don't want to
think about it. Already ordered my new stripe kit and thank God I bought an extra 1/2
gallon of paint. So it should be fixed in a couple of weeks.
Reply Purge Spammer

Wow, glad you're ok. I had a friend who was pinned against a wall that way. He ended up in the hospital with a broken hip.
Reply Purge Spammer

Sorry to hear about your car being damaged, but like everybody else has said, glad to hear that nobody was injured. How much work will you have to repair the garage structure?

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My baby has a birthday tomorrow: 67-500 6 4,251 07-02-17, 07:01 PM
Last Post: crlush
  I'm probably just being a cry baby, but! Warhawkfight34 13 7,027 04-04-16, 06:44 PM
Last Post: 67440Dodge
  MY BABY TURNED 50 TODAY! harold prentice 7 4,685 01-13-16, 10:24 PM
Last Post: honcho
  Kimballs opening night, Anyone going? Warhawkfight34 1 2,338 05-08-15, 11:24 PM
Last Post: ws27
  Kimball's tomorrow night? OldSkool 3 3,015 09-12-14, 12:15 AM
Last Post: ws27
  Impressions from first cruise night OldSkool 10 6,813 09-02-14, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Warhawkfight34