Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ouch!! It was a bad night for my baby!
The whole wall is down and now I'm making my garage bigger. My car split is in the middle and I took the wall down with a sledgehammer. Got to look at the bright side of things, I cleaned my basement and I'm getting a bigger garage.
Reply Purge Spammer

Nobody was hurt, the Coronet wasn't badly damaged and you'll end up with a bigger garage.......things could have turned out much worse indeed.

If your garage is incorporated with the rest of your home, did it do any other damage to the house when that wall came down? If a load bearing wall is taken out, bad things can happen to the rest of the structure.

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

Hey, glad to hear nobody was hurt!
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

The wall wasn't load bearing. It was added later on by the original owner.
Reply Purge Spammer

Warhawkfight34 Wrote:The wall wasn't load bearing. It was added later on by the original owner.

More good news there. Might be your week to buy a lottery ticket! Wink

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

X2 on all well and no one hurt. Now it is time to install that garage you always wanted unless it was the wall leading into the house in which case your wife is probably thinking house expansion- "Honey this would make a great game room for the children!! we could sell the Coronet and use the money to complete the project". Gotta find the humor.

I remember being up side down in the floor board of my Dart while the car was on a frame machine and I knocked it out of gear. As I started to roll off the 3' drop and out the garage door I could hear my kids playing in the shop and all I could do was scream RUN GOD---T RUN!!! GET OUT OF THE WAY!! When the car finally caught the the garage door opening with the opened passenger door- crunch. I got out of the car and seeing my boys were safe I was relieved and then one of my 7 year old twins said "you should have a block under the tire"... duh.
[URL="http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/mitchhedbe297438.html"]I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
[/URL]
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My baby has a birthday tomorrow: 67-500 6 4,251 07-02-17, 07:01 PM
Last Post: crlush
  I'm probably just being a cry baby, but! Warhawkfight34 13 7,027 04-04-16, 06:44 PM
Last Post: 67440Dodge
  MY BABY TURNED 50 TODAY! harold prentice 7 4,685 01-13-16, 10:24 PM
Last Post: honcho
  Kimballs opening night, Anyone going? Warhawkfight34 1 2,338 05-08-15, 11:24 PM
Last Post: ws27
  Kimball's tomorrow night? OldSkool 3 3,015 09-12-14, 12:15 AM
Last Post: ws27
  Impressions from first cruise night OldSkool 10 6,813 09-02-14, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Warhawkfight34