Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Coronet this Week ....???
Racer Brown Wrote:Rich, is this the same car you had at Carlisle the other year that I was there??
Yes Steve, you should have seen this car at Carlilse. I try to switch cars every year, but last year the inland shifter broke on the vert so I took the blue one again.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

ws27 Wrote:Yes Steve, you should have seen this car at Carlilse. I try to switch cars every year, but last year the inland shifter broke on the vert so I took the blue one again.
A broken Inland shifter, is that possible???
Rofl
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

I took some pictures of my 1966 Coronet 500's engine compartment this morning to show some of the work that's been accomplished the past couple of weeks. I still want to paint my master cylinder and clean up some of the wiring, but untill it comes time to put all of the a/c and heater related parts back on the car and restore the varible 3 speed windshield wiper system and install all of the new underhood wiring harnesses, the engine compartment, transmission, rear differential and front and rear suspension are all good to go.

Richard

These first few pictures show the freshly painted original Edelbrock Torker intake manifold and freshly rebuilt, dialed in and modified Holley 750 carb.

[Image: My1966Coronet500-5-23-2013-1.jpg]

[Image: My1966Coronet500-5-23-2013-3.jpg]

[Image: My1966Coronet500-5-23-2013-5.jpg]

[Image: My1966Coronet500-5-23-2013-7.jpg]

[Image: My1966Coronet500-5-23-2013-8.jpg]

A few pictures showing my new power steering pump reservoir return line that replases the old REALLY ugly pinkish colored hose that I'm still not sure why I ever used years ago, along with all of the work done on my power brake electric vacuum pump assembly, newly added reserve vacuum canister, new vacuum gauge and other related parts. One item that doesn't show in these pictures, is the new electric relay and fuse assembly that was installed for the electric vacuuim pump motor to help reduce the electrical load on both the pump motor as well as the cars overall electrical system. When the main underhood wiring harnesses are replaced in the future, relays will also be added for the headlights and the a/c compressor to further reduce the draw on the electrical system. I also have plans to replace all of the stock light bulbs with LED's. Gotta love modern electronics!

[Image: My1966Coronet500-5-23-2013-9.jpg]

[Image: My1966Coronet500-5-23-2013-11.jpg]

[Image: My1966Coronet500-5-23-2013-12.jpg]
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

Looks great !
Reply Purge Spammer

I like those Torkers painted like that. thumbs up Richard
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

Nice job Richard. Couple of questions, do you know if the AC compressor will fit with that intake? I'm sure you have already researched, outsourced, acquired, catalogued, shrink wrapped, stored and drooled them. LOL I'm not sure if it matters, but you can bend that power steering pressure hose to fit where ever you'd like. It might work fine there where it is though. Keep up the great work!
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

Thanks guys. It's good to be working on the car again after having it sit for so long.

Rich,

Regarding the a/c compressor fitting in place with my Torker intake manifold, I will most likely be using a Sanden compressor, so it will be a lot easier to fit where I need it to go compared to the much larger and heavier original Chrysler compressor, so I should be ok there. What I might run into trouble with, is the E-Body Shaker air cleaner base that I'm using as part of my fresh air package. Once again, I'm hoping that the Sanden compressor will solve my problem there also.

I did consider modifing the power steering high pressure line, but that would have routed it much closer to the hp cast iron exhaust manifold, so that's why it's where it's at to allow for a wider air gap between it and the exhaust manifold. Wink

Quote:I'm sure you have already researched, outsourced, acquired, catalogued, shrink wrapped, stored and drooled them.

I resemble that remark! Wait a minute, that didn't come out right. Rofl

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

Started to clean engine and badly oxidized hubcaps. The original paint color was under one area im working on. Found some rust around left hood hinge.
Reply Purge Spammer

Removed old B&M shifter used for the 727 and installed a new B&M Magnum Bandit for the new Sullivan Motorsports power glide. Going slowly but progressing nicely. Targeting completion and first trip down the track mid September when it is a little cooler.
Reply Purge Spammer

Jay Nordstrom Wrote:Removed old B&M shifter used for the 727 and installed a new B&M Magnum Bandit for the new Sullivan Motorsports power glide. Going slowly but progressing nicely. Targeting completion and first trip down the track mid September when it is a little cooler.

What transmission adapter are you using ?
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1969 Coronet A39 Super Bee Scat Pack Spring Special option code 1958300 1 9 08-23-24, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  1967 Coronet 'Restoration' Piper 29 201 07-27-24, 05:12 PM
Last Post: juan a.
  Front End Alignment Shop for 1967 Coronet 440net 2 12 05-29-24, 04:14 PM
Last Post: 440net
  dodge coronet super bee rear trim ramiroflores 1 14 05-08-24, 09:28 AM
Last Post: 67440Dodge
  Trying to find my grandpas 1968 coronet rt. mason 4 33 01-29-24, 11:11 AM
  1970 Coronet 500 new to me. SteveSS 13 57 01-25-24, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  Power Brake Conversion for 1958 Coronet acer 5 24 11-20-23, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 65rbdodge
  Coronet update. 493mike 11 53 10-23-23, 09:06 PM
  Welcome to the new and improved Dodge Coronet Forum!! 67440Dodge 4 52 10-07-23, 02:06 AM
  '67 Coronet Trunk Gasket stonehengeheels 3 1,764 08-26-22, 11:29 AM