Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People have gotten their wish!
Thebankerstoy will be doing a Snoopy dance... https://www.herbsparts.com/proddetail.ph...2607398-9R

And Andy will be surprised... https://www.herbsparts.com/proddetail.ph...863545-52R

Herb retired and sold out to AMS Obsolete, and they moved everything to GA... still be at Carlisle though... just ordered a set of vents and windshield gasket and clips from em..
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

Not a bad price either!
If a man speaks while in his garage and his wife does not hear it, is he still wrong?
Reply Purge Spammer

I like those.
Mine are still holding up after my brazing job, looks goofy but works.
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

I'll prob grab a set at Carlisle this year.. I'm tired of seeing my foil tape job thru the windshield..

Hello Mike,

There was another company called ABC Moparts that reproduced these 1966-67 plastic defroster vents a couple of years ago and I purchase a set from them and they are very nicely done.

Link to the DCR thread where we all discussed these ABC Moparts aftermarket vents: https://www.dodgecoronet.com/coronet/sho...ents-alert

I went back to the ABC Moparts website this morning and saw that they are only listing one pair left in stock, so I wonder if Herb's Parts took over reproducing them now?

Neither reproduction set of these vents have the factory part numbers on them, so I would assume that neither company purchased licensing rights from Mopar to reproduce them as an authorized reproduction. Not much of an issue though as the part numbers can't be seen once the parts are installed anyway.

As far as the price goes, the set I purchased from ABC Moparts ran $149.95 plus shipping and Herb's Parts is asking $149.50 plus shipping on their reproduction set so it's nice to see the prices haven't changed and in my opinion that is a very reasonable price seeing that these vents were previously made out of unobtainium.

Thanks for the update Mike, those who still need them will also be very happy to see them available. Cool

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

I completey forgot someone else was repopping them. I ordered a set and will be here Thursday so I'll give a review of em..

67440Dodge Wrote:I completey forgot someone else was repopping them. I ordered a set and will be here Thursday so I'll give a review of em..

Awesome Mike! We can compare notes between mine from ABC Moparts and yours from Herb's Parts.

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

Got em in this morning, and they are definetely better quality than the OEM vents. They are different in appearance than the repops Richard has in they have a raised pad on the main body, and they "appear" to be molded rather than 3D printed as they have a seam that appears to join the 2 halfs together. although they still may be 3-D printed and the seam was added. They appear thicker than the OEM ducts, but still weak around the mounting point areas. They are slotted on both sides, which like previously mentioned, won't be an issue unless you're looking for that 1000pt resto and they crawl underneath and look.

Overall, I'm satisfied with them (how they fit I wont know for awhile). I did get a kick out of I spent less on 2 day shipping from GA to NJ, and that included windshield gasket and clips than Richard did for Arizona to Arizona for just the ducts Smile

Isn't there always "that one guy" in the crowd who just HAS to get a better deal? LOL!

Great to hear that you're very happy with these new reproduction defroster vents Mike. Maybe you could email me a few pictures of them so that I can compare them to the reproduction set I purchased from ABC Moparts back in 2020?

You know better than most Mike....

Worthless Without Pi Wink

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

Sorry already back in wrapping and box and in storage Sad

)dn't worrry.. it was only $3.30 diff.. but got a kick out of it)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's about the people OldSkool 9 6,270 05-03-16, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Racer Brown
  People are strange, until you Google it..... OldSkool 2 2,707 09-25-14, 10:18 PM
Last Post: JennFAFA