Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's about the people
A reminder that our go around on this rock should be about the people not necessarily all the things. I've stayed in email touch with the guy I bought my car from and gave him open invite to come on by and see her. He took me up on it today. We talked cars, life and went for a ride (I let him drive). A great morning. (I am the handsome one on the left ;-)).

8313]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Purge Spammer

Couldn't agree more!
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

You have open invite too!

ws27 Wrote:Couldn't agree more!
Reply Purge Spammer

Nice going Smile
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

OldSkool Wrote:You have open invite too!
Thank you! We should at least meet up at Kimballs.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

Every single car that's ever been produced has a story, but it's the people that have owned any given car over it's lifespan that make those stories happen for the cars. Everybody loves to hear stories about the more famous cars, but for me, I find talking to folks about their daily drivers and older vintage cars that they still drive on a regular basis just as interesting if not more interesting than the famous cars.

That's very cool Bill that you've kept in touch with your cars previous owner. I know that many of the cars and trucks that I've owned over my life I think about often and wonder what's become of them. It might sound weird to some, but for me, I become very attached to all of my cars and trucks and consider them all a part of my family.

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

I am a relatively new member but I post a lot so some of you know me a little bit now. I love knowing the history of any car as much as possible, and I am especially blessed that my '58 has been in my family since the mid-80s. My dad is 74 and still a wealth of information on the car, it was passed down to him by an older brother. It is neat to trace my dad's guiding hand through my car choices. My first car was an 81 Tercel that actually belonged to him. I totalled it. Then he bought me a '68 beetle but I thought it was lame so he took it back and made me drive a hideous '78 Chrysler with manual steering. Then he loaned me the money to buy a '71 Duster when I was 17. It was the first car I actually paid for and owned myself. It was '84, I was 18 and it cost me $700. Then my big break. Again, it was my dad. He bought a '74 Nova at an auction and let me buy it from him for the $500 he paid for it. My apologies to my new Dodge brothers, but I was ecstatic. It had a 350/350 and would peel out. Well, if you started with the back wheel on a crosswalk line... After that my dad let me make my own car decisions for awhile. But a decade ago he sold me his "89 Toyota 4wd pickup for a dollar, and my 20 year old boy drives that now. And now the Coronet. It is priceless to me, and my kids already are fighting over it. And now dad and I are getting Black Betty ready for the Greenwood Auto show in Seattle, in the neighborhood he raised me in. He has shown the Dodge there many times, but it has been over a decade. He has been fighting cancer for most of that and the car was stored and forgotten. He passed it on to me because he didn't have the time for it. I was getting it in the will anyway. In June we will put our chairs out there behind that wonderful car and watch the people marvel at it. At least one more time. Thanks dad. Smile8322]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mopar or NO car. I love my wedge... I am not Worthy
Reply Purge Spammer

This! Yes!

Robb Wrote:I am a relatively new member but I post a lot so some of you know me a little bit now. I love knowing the history of any car as much as possible, and I am especially blessed that my '58 has been in my family since the mid-80s. My dad is 74 and still a wealth of information on the car, it was passed down to him by an older brother. It is neat to trace my dad's guiding hand through my car choices. My first car was an 81 Tercel that actually belonged to him. I totalled it. Then he bought me a '68 beetle but I thought it was lame so he took it back and made me drive a hideous '78 Chrysler with manual steering. Then he loaned me the money to buy a '71 Duster when I was 17. It was the first car I actually paid for and owned myself. It was '84, I was 18 and it cost me $700. Then my big break. Again, it was my dad. He bought a '74 Nova at an auction and let me buy it from him for the $500 he paid for it. My apologies to my new Dodge brothers, but I was ecstatic. It had a 350/350 and would peel out. Well, if you started with the back wheel on a crosswalk line... After that my dad let me make my own car decisions for awhile. But a decade ago he sold me his "89 Toyota 4wd pickup for a dollar, and my 20 year old boy drives that now. And now the Coronet. It is priceless to me, and my kids already are fighting over it. And now dad and I are getting Black Betty ready for the Greenwood Auto show in Seattle, in the neighborhood he raised me in. He has shown the Dodge there many times, but it has been over a decade. He has been fighting cancer for most of that and the car was stored and forgotten. He passed it on to me because he didn't have the time for it. I was getting it in the will anyway. In June we will put our chairs out there behind that wonderful car and watch the people marvel at it. At least one more time. Thanks dad. Smile8322]
Reply Purge Spammer

These are the reasons Kevin and I keep the site going, the people and the stories behind them.

It's never been about the money that can be generated from ad revenue, or the need to be the one stop shop for all things Mopar.. But about getting friends together to talk about our cars, and common interests (to a point, we gotta limit some of the conversation otherwise all hell breaks loose).

Heck, if it wasn't for this place, I'd have bailed on my car long ago and bought a yellow Camaro convertible.. instead, I just rent em so Andy can be seen in Bumblebee on the way to Spring Fling.. Smile
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

...and you guys are just plain cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People have gotten their wish! 67440Dodge 15 2,595 03-18-22, 01:00 AM
Last Post: thebankerstoy
  People are strange, until you Google it..... OldSkool 2 2,707 09-25-14, 10:18 PM
Last Post: JennFAFA