Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiring harness help
Looking for a source for the engine wiring harness -67 big block, non-electronic ign.; specifically the section with the horn relay wiring; any suggestions? Classic industries doesn't show it as available, Year One doesn't show it(that I can see). Thanks
Reply Purge Spammer

Not everyone is happy with Evans, but I have been. He'll make one for you.

http://www.evanswiring.com/

Do you just need a repair? I bet I have plenty of parts.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

I bought the engine and light harness from them and had no problems.
Reply Purge Spammer

Look at American Wire that's all we use good stuffBeer
66 Coronet 500 convertible 440,727,2500 stall,was 430 hp, we ain't got a clue now, just get in and enjoy the rumble
Reply Purge Spammer

Words of warning: DO NOT BUY A FORWARD ENGINE HARNESS PART #900139 FROM CLASSIC INDUSTRIES IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A PERFECT FACTORY REPLACEMENT! After posting this a few weeks ago, Classic Industries showed the harness to be back in stock. Instead of listening to Rich, I tried the harness from Classic. IT IS DIFFERENT! The wires all the way at the front of the car that you see the most(the horn and relay wires) are wired completely different. The colors are correct and it will function as original but it is not the same. Also: there is a gray wire coming out of the bulkhead connector that is supposed to be separate from the rest of the wires and they have it taped into the harness. The only way to fix it would be to remove and rewrap the entire harness! This isn't supposed to be this hard. Once you have all the correct plugs it should be super easy to make the harness match an original if you have the slightest clue what you're doing. It's just like almost (almost-not all)every other reproduction part I've ever picked up: NOT QUITE RIGHT!
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wire Harness options cd45harris 10 7,361 02-22-15, 06:00 PM
Last Post: honcho
  Wiring... let me pull my hair out ARGH! Piper 39 16,522 05-24-13, 12:58 AM
Last Post: tdpeter