Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wire Harness options
I need some input on who to buy wiring harnesses form. I know this is going to be costly and expect there to be issues with any harness I buy. There are several companies to order from, does and one have input on the following?

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/pr...7/reviews/ I like this option because it modernizes the complete system at 1/2 the cost.

https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysler-b-body/hu281b Dash harness

http://www.evanswiring.com/default.htm (no Dash harness)

If you are thinking "why not use the old one", a picture is worth a thousand words.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[URL="http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/mitchhedbe297438.html"]I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
[/URL]
Reply Purge Spammer

Wiring harness is an important part. If you buy from yearone the good thing is that it is made by M&H wiring and they make them exactly to specs as original!
Also a KEY factor is that you can call them at ANY time and they will answer any questions you throw at them. I bought all 4 harness's from them and they are perfect. Here is M&H phone # 562-926-9562. Its expensive but worth every penny!
Reply Purge Spammer

I totally agree with Warhawkfight34, I purchased everything except the main dash harness from Year One and the M&H wiring harnesses fit and work perfectly in my sons 1972 Dart Swinger. The only reason that I didn't purchase the main dash harness is because the original was still in extremely nice condition.

I would suggest that you deal directly with M&H, as that will save you the Year One "middle man" fees. That's what I will do in the future when it's time to purchase anything for my 66 Coronet 500. One last thing to mention is that M&H is a busy company, so be sure to allow enough lead time to get everything you need and order everything at the same time, as that will save you wait time as well.

Richard.
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

thebankerstoy Wrote:I totally agree with Warhawkfight34, I purchased everything except the main dash harness from Year One and the M&H wiring harnesses fit and work perfectly in my sons 1972 Dart Swinger. The only reason that I didn't purchase the main dash harness is because the original was still in extremely nice condition.

I would suggest that you deal directly with M&H, as that will save you the Year One "middle man" fees. That's what I will do in the future when it's time to purchase anything for my 66 Coronet 500. One last thing to mention is that M&H is a busy company, so be sure to allow enough lead time to get everything you need and order everything at the same time, as that will save you wait time as well.

Richard.

Unfortunately, you can't buy direct from M&H any more. Year One is the only supplier of them.

Once I get to the wiring part of my beast, I'll probably get all the Mopar specific pigtails (ie for dash), and then go with a Painless setup. Yea, it won't be bolt in, and I'll probably have more time invested in making the wiring schematic for it than installing it, but it'll be a cleaner install in the long run.
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

My buddy who has a 68,completey stock dash,all original inside,went with GM harness. Man it looks good and less complicated than ours,he is more of a mopar dude than we are, but it's kick ass simple. If my wiring ever fry's up, I will be going to a GM harness and half the cost. BTW it's a drag car pushing 600 plus and looks like a B body just crusin down the road
66 Coronet 500 convertible 440,727,2500 stall,was 430 hp, we ain't got a clue now, just get in and enjoy the rumble
Reply Purge Spammer

Thanks for the input... I will keep you posted!!
[URL="http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/mitchhedbe297438.html"]I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
[/URL]
Reply Purge Spammer

I only use the M&H wiring from year one.
Always fits perfect.
And not too expensive for what your getting.
Reply Purge Spammer

boydsdodge Wrote:I only use the M&H wiring from year one.
Always fits perfect.
And not too expensive for what your getting.

I agree with you completely!

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

M&H it is... I am back on the ship at work, now I can play on the computer... LOL l almost completed the Dart this time home- rebuilt the front end suspension w paint, complete drum break rebuild (4), new break lines, break booster and proportioning valve installed, anti-roll lock, aligned the front and rear end, installed drive shaft loop and drive shaft, pressed in new front 1/2" wheel studs, completed the custom wiring harness to include the Thunder Road cluster, scratched the fresh dash paint (F-bomb!!), Started a heavy spring cleaning in the shop- even mopped the floors on the A/C side of things. Then I got tired of moving the custom chopper around the shop and took it to ADAMEC Harley Davidson in Jacksonville, FL and traded it for a 2015 HD Street Glide Special and being of sound mind I added the Screaming Eagle package to it; one bad muther!! Then the ol lady (now she is a biker chic) and I commenced to put 330 miles on it in the afternoons. And because I love the Coronet I sent the cluster to Instrument Specialty in Rhode Island. I decided to loose the clock and go with a tach due to it being a 4spd car. Once the IRS shits out my refund I am ordering the convertible top components and complete wiring harness. Time to get it on!!! I had to go to work to take a break...
[/URL]
Reply Purge Spammer

Intrument Specialties is second to none. Tom and Mike are awesome and the group of profesionals there are the best at
what they do. I have had my steering column and dash gauges and wiring restored there, PERFECT!!
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wiring harness help 67-500 4 3,505 06-27-18, 10:51 PM
Last Post: 67-500