Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bleeding New Brakes
markz Wrote:No expert, but it might be. I have Aerospace 4 piston caliper brakes on front of my GTX and Aerospace is telling me to use 1 1/8" MC because they say my calipers need the volume.

On my 67 Coronet with A Body brakes I use a 15/16" MC with ok results.

Can you call the manufacturer of the calipers for guidance?

I sent an email in to them, I am thinking this is the issue although I want to believe its an air pocket

Piper Wrote:2 bleeders on the top and bottom hose attaches from the midback part of caliper not the top

I'm wondering if you are trapping any air there. Can you get a good picture straight on from the back? I'd like to make 100% sure there is no air trapped in the calipers before you go reinventing the wheel.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

10974]10975]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I find it awfully interesting that you have bleeders on both top and bottom. Is that so that you can mount them on either side?
67 Coronet 500 - 9.610 @ 139.20 mph
Owned Since 1981

Daughter's Car
67 Coronet 500 Street Car with AC
13.300 @ 101.75 mph

69 GTX clone - build in progress........
Reply Purge Spammer

That was what I was assuming. Try taking the calipers off, turning them so the lower bleed screw is now on top and bleed again. I have no idea what passages are in the calipers, but they may not be able to get the air out of the lower piston. It's just a hunch, but I'd try that before anything else. Just make sure your helper doesn't step on the pedal with the bleeder screw closed, you'll be chasing pistons and seals around in the sand. If you are uncomfortable put a piece of 2x4 in there.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

Any updates?
67 Coronet 500 - 9.610 @ 139.20 mph
Owned Since 1981

Daughter's Car
67 Coronet 500 Street Car with AC
13.300 @ 101.75 mph

69 GTX clone - build in progress........
Reply Purge Spammer

I haven't been able to get out there but thanks for checking in Im going to try Rich's suggestion soon

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power Brakes VS. Manual Zaq 26 13,126 02-07-13, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Racer Brown