DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: Bleeding New Brakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Need help guys

On my 68 Charger which was a power drum car all around I've upgraded to a 7/8 bore Wilwood master and SSBC discs up front.

I am trying to bleed the fronts now for days with no luck (backs bleed fine). I am getting fluid into the distribution block from the master but cant get it to come out the other side of the block for the fronts. Do I need to change the block (if so to what) or could it be a matter of a stubborn air pocket?
Did you bench bleed the master?
yes twice
Just to be sure did you route lines like this. Is it a new valve? If old did it work fine before?

[Image: proportioning-valve-guide.jpg]
Mine looks different yes worked fine before
Here what mine looks like the lower right is coming from the front port of the master and the top comes from the back port

That is the same one I have. End port opposite the plugged end is front brake and bottom two by plug are for rear brake. sounds like you have that part correct.

Are the ports marked which is front and rear on new wilwood?
http://www.wilwood.com/PDF/DataSheets/ds969.pdf

Looks like your front brake line should go to further out away from firewall A outlet and B to rear, which is opposite from Mopar master ( at lest mine anyway)

I can do Beer run and get in your way if you like.
67r/t4speeder Wrote:That is the same one I have. End port opposite the plugged end is front brake and bottom two by plug are for rear brake. sounds like you have that part correct.

Are the ports marked which is front and rear on new wilwood?

The ports arent marked

I just checked this on my 67 Coronet and its the same

The top line (at 12 o clock position) is coming in from the rear port of master, the bottom right plug is coming from the front port

10943]
Just for comparison I just looked at five different cars in my shop just now and all the front brake port from master goes in a the 12 O clock port
Pages: 1 2 3