Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Coronet this Week ....???
8723]

Not a dang thing

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

I got tired of hearing Max complain that every time we went out, he had to look at my faded and cracked taillights. Figured that's why he's been hiding in the garage lately.

8724]

Didn't want to use the holy grail ones I have, so dug out a box of old ones I've had lying around. Been collecting bits and pieces over the years, and was able to piece together a couple decent sets.

8725]

You can come out of hiding now Max.. I'll be waiting..

8726]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

Wow looks good Mike, it's amazing the two cars same year can look so different with just different trim.

That is one of my all time favorite pics.

Stop yelling your going to wake Max!!!!
The Idaho Andy
Reply Purge Spammer

Thanks Andy.. I was troubleshooting no brake lights (wire fell off switch and broken socket in back) and saw all the extra pieces in the box. Few hours of work and back in business

I never understood why they changed the look so drastically from different trim lines that year. 66 did a good job of it I think by just adding pieces to the higher trim line, not completely changing everything like they did this year.

So, where is Max sleeping? Did you get a new lift?

Are you employing the vertical stacking technique?
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

No Rich I keep it at a warehouse now that I share for our parts stash and Tony's over flow of cars. Max bunks up with an Imperial.
The Idaho Andy
Reply Purge Spammer

Took Max out for a nice long drive yesterday and to work today, it sure runs like a top all day long.
It was very dusty and I don't mind because of where I live you get use to but it was getting bad, so I hosed it off( I never did that before) and it didn't meltWink
The Idaho Andy
Reply Purge Spammer

67440Dodge Wrote:Thanks Andy.. I was troubleshooting no brake lights (wire fell off switch and broken socket in back) and saw all the extra pieces in the box. Few hours of work and back in business

I never understood why they changed the look so drastically from different trim lines that year. 66 did a good job of it I think by just adding pieces to the higher trim line, not completely changing everything like they did this year.

The new tail lamps look great Mike, as does the whole car! Cool

It was puzzling why they made so many changes to the front grille and rear tail lamp and deck lid trim from 1966 to 1967, but I believe that they wanted to upgrade the Coronet's trim to look more like the 1967 Charger's trim. I must also mention that they did completely change a few things on the different trim lines on the 1966 Coronet rear trunk lid mounted trim as well though. The major two items being the finish panels and the complete back-up lamp assemblies.

They are reproducing the complete 1966 Coronet, Coronet Deluxe and Coronet 440 trim level models back-up lamp assemblies and also the back-up lamp assemblies that were used on all of the 1966 and 1967 Chargers and all of the 1967 Coronet models, but they do not reproduce the 1966 Coronet 500 only back-up lamp plastic lenses that mount directly to the 1966 Coronet 500 only finish panel rather than to a chrome pot metal housing like all of the other 1966 and 1967 Coronets and Chargers use.

Finding good used 1966 Coronet 500 only back-up lamp lenses is difficult at best and finding an nos set is next to impossible and very expensive if you can find them. I begged Mike Ross at BE/A Restoration Parts to reproduce the Coronet 500 back-up lamp lenses for years and as usual with all of the other 1966 and 1967 Coronet parts that I begged him to reproduce, including the tail lamp lenses for the non 1967 500 and R/T models, he said absolutely not. No market for 1966 and 1967 Coronet parts.............machinegunekelly

Richard

The 1966 non Coronet 500 trim level tail lamps and back-up lamp assemblies:
(back-up lamp lenses are slightly rounded on two corners and square on the other two corners of the lenses)

[Image: f16d660a-b21e-4daf-b3f7-e4326815d28f.jpg~original]

The 1966 Coronet 500 only trim level tail lamp and finish panel mounted plastic back-up lenses:
(back-up lamp lenses are square on all four corners of the lenses)

[Image: 42400c5b-6f10-43bb-a83c-9b858e47448b.jpg~original]
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

Took a ride out to Lehighton PA and back yesterday, about 180 miles round trip of highway and back roads. Put another 50 on it today going to cruise night and dinner. Wanted to see how it'd handle the hottest days of the year so far.

The specs Andy gave me to get the car aligned to really made the car handle the twisty roads good. I can't wait to take it on the back way into Carlisle next year.

Gotta love EFI. Let it do some heat soak while stopped for about 15 minutes for a samwich, and cranked right over. Engine temps on highway when doing 70-75mph were 192F max, and didn't rise if overdrive was disengaged. (I love that little black button on the shifter, think I'm gonna see if I can marry it.) Only time it rose to 195F was in a small town that had lot of traffic lights.

Now to resolve the banging in the rear end going over bumps, and tearing into the rear end to find out WTF is grinding and howling in there..

AWESOME MIke!!!

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1969 Coronet A39 Super Bee Scat Pack Spring Special option code 1958300 1 9 08-23-24, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  1967 Coronet 'Restoration' Piper 29 201 07-27-24, 05:12 PM
Last Post: juan a.
  Front End Alignment Shop for 1967 Coronet 440net 2 12 05-29-24, 04:14 PM
Last Post: 440net
  dodge coronet super bee rear trim ramiroflores 1 14 05-08-24, 09:28 AM
Last Post: 67440Dodge
  Trying to find my grandpas 1968 coronet rt. mason 4 33 01-29-24, 11:11 AM
  1970 Coronet 500 new to me. SteveSS 13 57 01-25-24, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  Power Brake Conversion for 1958 Coronet acer 5 24 11-20-23, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 65rbdodge
  Coronet update. 493mike 11 53 10-23-23, 09:06 PM
  Welcome to the new and improved Dodge Coronet Forum!! 67440Dodge 4 52 10-07-23, 02:06 AM
  '67 Coronet Trunk Gasket stonehengeheels 3 1,764 08-26-22, 11:29 AM