Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Coronet this Week ....???
Got a much needed front end alignment. I couldn't afford the cross country trip to Troxel's garage so I had it done locally. Sorry Andy.
Reply Purge Spammer

67RTBlue Wrote:Today first time running the engine in the car! Open headers and sounds nasty! My Dad hitting the key. He hated having a hearing aid today.
https://youtu.be/jRoqmFoEk4A
WooHoo!!!
Reply Purge Spammer

Mark's 69 Wrote:Got a much needed front end alignment. I couldn't afford the cross country trip to Troxel's garage so I had it done locally. Sorry Andy.
We let er slide this time Mark, thanks for the thought
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

I have been in roller lifter hell last couple of weeks.

One of my Hughes Engines rollers let go, the valve inside the lifter broke. Quick fix last weekend was to take out the innards, add a few washers and weld it up. SO basically turned it into a mechanical lifter. Works fine for getting around at normal speeds. Nothing too high revs. The idea was to order new Comp rollers which we did from Jegs (they were showing them in stock Summit wasn't). So went ahead, Jegs lied! 3 days later sent us an email that they did not have them, so we switched to Lunati ones..Again they were showing them in stock. Same thing 2 days later. I swear Jegs is done in my book.

So finally we dug deep and started ring actual friends al around the US to get the lifters. Got a line on a set of Comp ones again..OK that is great! They arrived late this week..Scheduled today to drop them in..tore off the top of the engine, a repainted all the rocker covers, new valley pan, and re painted the intake.

Whilst this is going on my mate started looking at the lifters...they are both taller on the outside but shorter on the inside compared to the Hughes ones..Yep, my pushrods won't work..they are too short! SO, decision time. miss another weekend of events..or put back the welded fixed lifter and do it all again during next week..

Well, I am cruising this weekend, SO that is what we did.

Wacked the newly painted stuff back on. I also changed my starter over. MY old 'new' powermaster seemed not to catch when the car was cold. SO we ordered a new one to compare with my old one. Turns out the old one although being the exact same PN, had a slightly smaller gear diameter. New one works perfectly.

At least the engine bay looks nice! Wink
8410]

Also below is a new arrival to me yesterday! I have been waiting for this for a long time. New dash bezel, cluster lens (not in the photo) and glovebox door. I will put it on next week I hope. Smile
8411]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My Flickr gallery for my '67http://www.flickr.com/photos/19913797@N0...666472876/
Reply Purge Spammer

New bling for the dash looks great
The Idaho Andy
Reply Purge Spammer

Installed ResoRicks door hinge rebuild kit and turned the corner to finally start to do something constructive instead of destructive. Rear end is Epoxy Primered ready for blocking and filler! A small victory but it feels great Smile
8414]8415]8416]

Reply Purge Spammer

It is nice to see all those sharp edges of the body show when taken down to bare metal. Looks great
The Idaho Andy
Reply Purge Spammer

I know. As I was stripping it I kept saying "hey there is a body line here!" There was at least 6 layers of paint and primer on most panels
Reply Purge Spammer

JimKueneman Wrote:I know. As I was stripping it I kept saying "hey there is a body line here!" There was at least 6 layers of paint and primer on most panels

Yes same thing I am going through on my Dart. "hey there is a body line here!" WOW
The Idaho Andy
Reply Purge Spammer

Round two and I'm happy as hell! Originally had another set re anodized and when I painted them the tape left a stain in the shiny lip! Anodize does not respond to any type of polish and it actually stains more. The strange part is my original 49 year old pieces don't stain?? I think they did something wrong.
Long story short I had another pair that actually fit the car better and I worked out the dents and polished them myself. They came out beautiful and I'm gonna leave them bare. Re did the satin silver with texture and blacked out the tabs. Riveted the brackets back on and I'm thrilled!
8443]8444]

Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1969 Coronet A39 Super Bee Scat Pack Spring Special option code 1958300 1 9 08-23-24, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  1967 Coronet 'Restoration' Piper 29 201 07-27-24, 05:12 PM
Last Post: juan a.
  Front End Alignment Shop for 1967 Coronet 440net 2 12 05-29-24, 04:14 PM
Last Post: 440net
  dodge coronet super bee rear trim ramiroflores 1 14 05-08-24, 09:28 AM
Last Post: 67440Dodge
  Trying to find my grandpas 1968 coronet rt. mason 4 33 01-29-24, 11:11 AM
  1970 Coronet 500 new to me. SteveSS 13 57 01-25-24, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  Power Brake Conversion for 1958 Coronet acer 5 24 11-20-23, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 65rbdodge
  Coronet update. 493mike 11 53 10-23-23, 09:06 PM
  Welcome to the new and improved Dodge Coronet Forum!! 67440Dodge 4 52 10-07-23, 02:06 AM
  '67 Coronet Trunk Gasket stonehengeheels 3 1,764 08-26-22, 11:29 AM