Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 of 1 coronet
If the car does go up for sale...

Since the car is not for sale, it's kind of a moot point to WIW.

The problem is comparables as there are none for that car. It's more of a novelty as you can't compare it to other similarly situated cars. The closest would be 67 R/Ts and 67 Hemi Satellites.
For the guy looking for the odd cars, it's probably worth 'more' than to the average Joe who wants a Hemi car with a common name plate.

When it was on eBay in the early 2000's it languished in the 40K range.

WAG....less than 68-70 Hemi cars due to it being a 67, less than or about the same as a 67 R/T, maybe a % boost for the novelty.

As with anything else, it comes down to condition & documentation.
Reply Purge Spammer

In my opinion supply and demand isn't a hard and true fact in the collector arena. If it were 57 Chevys would be going for 2 grand. Another comparison is hemi Challenger convertibles and hemi Cuda verts. The Dodges can't touch the Plymouths at auction. Why? They are brothers as far as chassis, engine selection, HIP colors, etc. Yet for some reason collectors are rabid over the Cudas but not the Challengers. I suspect beauty (and value) is in the eye of the beholder (and buyer), and that is where the demand side of the equation gets skewed.
Reply Purge Spammer

Thank You for your thoughts.

For all your reason's and more..... This is the type of information that interest's me.

1stt ... Because each of us will have possible different opinion's ... due to our own taste, desire, want's in body style, engine ect...

2nd ... the rarity, condition and documentation.

For each of us ...... Everybody has their own reason's for value.

I am working on choosing my words and questions for the forum carefully ... and then will post. I do not want to sway everybody's thinking.

As with the original reason for the start of this thread.... I would find it difficult to ascertain value for the Hemi Cuda Convertible or Hemi GTX Convertible until after they sold. When you get a few people at auction with such income and or disposable cash ect... well .... it seems all our thoughts and reasoning went out the window. My guess would have been way off on the $$$$$ amount ...LOL

I should move my discussion and questions to new thread. Sorry for getting off topic on this original thread.

Thanks Again ... I look forward to your thoughts
Reply Purge Spammer

mike1968rt Wrote:In my opinion supply and demand isn't a hard and true fact in the collector arena. If it were 57 Chevys would be going for 2 grand. Another comparison is hemi Challenger convertibles and hemi Cuda verts. The Dodges can't touch the Plymouths at auction. Why? They are brothers as far as chassis, engine selection, HIP colors, etc. Yet for some reason collectors are rabid over the Cudas but not the Challengers. I suspect beauty (and value) is in the eye of the beholder (and buyer), and that is where the demand side of the equation gets skewed.

I understand your thinking. I too ... believe in .. "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" it also just a part of the supply and demand equation. Even if it's skewed in our way of thinking. Everything you wrote is just a part of it.
Reply Purge Spammer

The story I always heard for the price difference in Cuda's was the Nash Bridges TV show. Someone asked Don Johnson if he'd sell the car, and his answer was "not for a million dollars". And that became the benchmark for "Hemi" Cuda 'verts...
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1969 Coronet A39 Super Bee Scat Pack Spring Special option code 1958300 1 9 08-23-24, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  1967 Coronet 'Restoration' Piper 29 201 07-27-24, 05:12 PM
Last Post: juan a.
  Front End Alignment Shop for 1967 Coronet 440net 2 12 05-29-24, 04:14 PM
Last Post: 440net
  dodge coronet super bee rear trim ramiroflores 1 14 05-08-24, 09:28 AM
Last Post: 67440Dodge
  Trying to find my grandpas 1968 coronet rt. mason 4 33 01-29-24, 11:11 AM
  1970 Coronet 500 new to me. SteveSS 13 57 01-25-24, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  Power Brake Conversion for 1958 Coronet acer 5 24 11-20-23, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 65rbdodge
  Coronet update. 493mike 11 53 10-23-23, 09:06 PM
  Welcome to the new and improved Dodge Coronet Forum!! 67440Dodge 4 52 10-07-23, 02:06 AM
  '67 Coronet Trunk Gasket stonehengeheels 3 1,764 08-26-22, 11:29 AM