DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: 1 of 1 coronet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
According to the production figures there was only 1 1968 hemi 4 speed RT convertible built in 1968. This is what in my opinion is a true 1 of 1. I personally don't think you go any further into the options (including paint color) to determine how many of a particular car were built. If you do, half the cars out there would be 1 of 1. I am wondering if any stories of it's death or ongoing life have been told. I would imagine that this is something Govier has looked into. There is all kind of interest in Hemi Cuda verts, yet I don't think any of them are a 1 of 1. I am sure almost all of you heard about the one just recently selling at Mecum for what they say is a record price - 3.5 million. I wonder if anyone agrees with me that if this RT was put up for auction it would have a tough time reaching 1 million. I guess it goes back to the answer to the question "What is it worth?" The answer being whatever someone is willing to pay for it. One more thing I find interesting. If you look at these numbers for 68 and 69 RT and GTX hemi convertibles, which are all basically the same car, there were more of the 68 GTX's made than the other 3 combined. Wonder why?
The production figures, at least those quoted in GG's white book, show 1 Hemi four speed 68 R/T convertible built for sale in the US and two Hemi convertibles shipped to Canada. At least one of those shipped to Canada was a four speed. Long time members of the board may remember the owner of the Canada car posted regularly at one time. Some of you may also remember that he was the one that made the Coronet Registry poster. There is a picture of the Canada sold four speed on that poster.

If you look at the possible options available at that time and the combinations available, 1 of 1 is really no big deal. The permutations possible often exceed cars produced. One would expect cars to be '1 of 1' especially in cars like Hemi 'Cuda convertibles that were produced in such low numbers. It is harder to find two cars exactly alike.

The GTX was always a lower priced car to begin with. Plymouths in general were always produced in higher numbers than Dodges. The 68-70 Coronet R/Ts were over shadowed by the newly designed for '68 Charger R/T. More advertising and promotion money went toward the Charger R/T than the Coronet R/T. The Coronet line was, generally, perceived as the utilitarian four door/wagon/basic transportation option for Dodge. The GTX had no such competition in the Plymouth camp.

..."68 and 69 RT and GTX hemi convertibles, which are all basically the same car..." BLASPHEMY!
popcorn
In reality, every car that has ever been made is a "1 of 1" if you stop and think about it.

Richard
As I am attempting to try and figure some sort of value for a 1 of 1 car. Hope you do not mind me chiming in on this thread. You had my attention about 1 of 1

I will agree with mike1968rt on Year Model Engine being a base for a 1 of 1 car. When it comes to the value... the phrase or rule ... "Supply and Demand " ... always applies without exception. I am finding it difficult to arrive at some sort of value on many of these cars. In the case of the Hemi Cuda Convertible at auction. Sometimes there are a few people with desire, such income and disposable cash to skew what our thinking is. This was still a case of "Supply and Demand" I can only watch... that's for sure.

For me.....Even though there is only 1 GTX compared to more Cuda's .... I don't believe it would bring anywhere close to the same huge dollars.

What section would I post for coronet forum members thoughts of desire or value for a 1 of 1 car? Do I use the general forum section... or the WIW craigslist ebay section ?
Cruizer Hemi Wrote:As I am attempting to try and figure some sort of value for a 1 of 1 car. Hope you do not mind me chiming in on this thread. You had my attention about 1 of 1

WH23J7 car?
If it's a general question about 1 of 1 cars, then general section would be a good place.

If it's a particular car that has a link so people can look at the car and it's description, then the WIW section would probably be more appropriate.

Cruizer Hemi Wrote:As I am attempting to try and figure some sort of value for a 1 of 1 car. Hope you do not mind me chiming in on this thread. You had my attention about 1 of 1

I will agree with mike1968rt on Year Model Engine being a base for a 1 of 1 car. When it comes to the value... the phrase or rule ... "Supply and Demand " ... always applies without exception. I am finding it difficult to arrive at some sort of value on many of these cars. In the case of the Hemi Cuda Convertible at auction. Sometimes there are a few people with desire, such income and disposable cash to skew what our thinking is. This was still a case of "Supply and Demand" I can only watch... that's for sure.

For me.....Even though there is only 1 GTX compared to more Cuda's .... I don't believe it would bring anywhere close to the same huge dollars.

What section would I post for coronet forum members thoughts of desire or value for a 1 of 1 car? Do I use the general forum section... or the WIW craigslist ebay section ?
69Coronetrt Wrote:WH23J7 car?

Yes ... just started researching. Not for sale. Think I will leave WH23 up on rack for now. Where should I post questions ?

Going to sell the 64 Max Wedge clone/hot rod though. Just rolled it out of storage slot last night.
Sorry about that, didn't realize it was your car.

General section is a good place to talk about it. If you want to keep it amongst members of the site so the world can't see the discussion, then do it in The Hangout.
67440Dodge Wrote:Sorry about that, didn't realize it was your car.

General section is a good place to talk about it. If you want to keep it amongst members of the site so the world can't see the discussion, then do it in The Hangout.

Thank You. Just wanted to post in correct area.

Sorry for the slow response ... between watching drag races and the phone ... LOL I better set the record straight before things get out of hand. My best friend passed away a few years ago ... now belongs to his wife. If the car does go up for sale .... It is on my wish list though.
Pages: 1 2