Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Coronet this Week ....???
Billb66 Wrote:Good question on it being legal.

Probably not, but the only law I can find on headlights says the color emitted on the front of a vehicle must be white or yellow. When these are turned on they emit a white light.

No inspection on QQ tagged cars in NJ so I don't have any power happy person at the inspection station to deal with.

Im running them til told otherwise and being twice the age of most traffic police in this state I'll argue my point.

Bet I'll get less tickets than if I was a 20 year old running them on a ricer. Big Grin

Sounds like you have a "battle plan"! Rofl Hopefully they won't give you any grief because they do look very cool indeed! Cool

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

I like the grill and love the color. I had a 70 Bee back in the early 80's that someone repainted brown. But the engine bay and interior still had the original color similar to yours. If I remember correctly it was dark burnt orange.
Mark
Reply Purge Spammer

Billb66 Wrote:Good question on it being legal.

Probably not, but the only law I can find on headlights says the color emitted on the front of a vehicle must be white or yellow. When these are turned on they emit a white light.

No inspection on QQ tagged cars in NJ so I don't have any power happy person at the inspection station to deal with.

Im running them til told otherwise and being twice the age of most traffic police in this state I'll argue my point.

Bet I'll get less tickets than if I was a 20 year old running them on a ricer. Big Grin

You should be fine with them. Some trim line Ram trucks come with smoked headlights from the factory.

Good thing about QQ plates is most police here see them and don't give the car a second glance.
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

Interesting, what are QQ plates?

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

thebankerstoy Wrote:Interesting, what are QQ plates?

Richard

They are antique plates, you pay registration on them once, and after that they are free each year. No inspection/emissions check required, it's all self-inspection. The car/truck has to be 25yrs or older, and have to submit a picture of the car/truck when applying for the tags. They do this to prevent people from doing monster truck style conversions on their trucks, or trying to register a full boogie race car..

You're limited to driving the car to/from shows and parades. But no one follows those rules.

Ok, so it's the same thing that we have here in AZ when we insure our older cars as antiques except we don't get any special license plate tags. We also have a law in place here that states that any vehicle that is model year 1966 or older doesn't have to be emission tested no matter how it's insured. It's nice not having to emission test either my 66 Coronet or my sons 72 Dart Swinger anymore. It's rather fun to drive either one of those cars by an emission test station and give them a chirp of the rear tires and the one finger salute! Rofl

Richard.
Reply Purge Spammer

Here in Taxachusetts, we also have antique plates, but we have to pay to register them every year, pay to inspect them every year, and pay the excise tax on them every year.

Why oh why do I still live here LOL
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

ws27 Wrote:Here in Taxachusetts, we also have antique plates, but we have to pay to register them every year, pay to inspect them every year, and pay the excise tax on them every year.

I'll trade you the requirement to tax and insure your car collection over my $8,000+ property tax bill for a 2BR ranch...

No snow and property taxes that are a fraction of that..........I REALLY do love Arizona!

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

ws27 Wrote:Here in Taxachusetts, we also have antique plates, but we have to pay to register them every year, pay to inspect them every year, and pay the excise tax on them every year.

Same here, Rich, in Indiana everything except inspection!
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1969 Coronet A39 Super Bee Scat Pack Spring Special option code 1958300 1 9 08-23-24, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  1967 Coronet 'Restoration' Piper 29 201 07-27-24, 05:12 PM
Last Post: juan a.
  Front End Alignment Shop for 1967 Coronet 440net 2 12 05-29-24, 04:14 PM
Last Post: 440net
  dodge coronet super bee rear trim ramiroflores 1 14 05-08-24, 09:28 AM
Last Post: 67440Dodge
  Trying to find my grandpas 1968 coronet rt. mason 4 33 01-29-24, 11:11 AM
  1970 Coronet 500 new to me. SteveSS 13 57 01-25-24, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  Power Brake Conversion for 1958 Coronet acer 5 24 11-20-23, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 65rbdodge
  Coronet update. 493mike 11 53 10-23-23, 09:06 PM
  Welcome to the new and improved Dodge Coronet Forum!! 67440Dodge 4 52 10-07-23, 02:06 AM
  '67 Coronet Trunk Gasket stonehengeheels 3 1,764 08-26-22, 11:29 AM