Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Coronet this Week ....???
shush.. next thing you'll be telling em is I got a hairdryer for it..
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

Mopars & Missiles Wrote:Went to the local License branch today to register and plate my Super Bee for the first time in 31 years. Not a big deal for most, but it has been a long, long, time since I've driven this car and it has become a top priority for me to be able to enjoy this car once again before I run out of 'gas'.
Nice going
love to a pic or two
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

harold prentice Wrote:I've been looking far & wide for a replacement throttle cable for my '66 Poly 2bbl. I did find one in Las Vegas for $150. U.S. & an outfit in Washington state offered to make me one for free if I sent them my original (seems it's a one year only cable & they wanted to use mine for a model). Neither option worked for me so I came up with a "plan b". Back in the 70's, I worked as a motorcycle mechanic for a few years and it was very routine for us to make cables from scratch using an assortment of bulk supplies so it occurred to me that I might as well make my own for the 'Net. I was able to purchase a length of 2mm cable and a package of cable nipples for the grand total of $19.25 Cdn. The "new" cable is back on the car & seems to work just fine so, for anyone with a similar cable dilemma, I'd advise you to give it a try.

Nice work Harold, I still can't believe you can't find one at a fair price.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

I'm in love with your car, WoW!!!

keeping the whitewalls ? Yes ??
The Idaho Andy
Reply Purge Spammer

You did a fine job.

What is the sticker on windshield in original photo?
The Idaho Andy
Reply Purge Spammer

I think the whitewalls add a good touch, nice car!!
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

That is a great looking bee. Two thumbs up on the white walls.
If your friend Jack helped you off a horse....... Would you help your friend Jack off a horse?
Reply Purge Spammer

Ok, so last week I snuck the Coronet out for it' first drive and had a great time - took a buddy with me (he has a '40 Dodge D16 Special Deluxe sedan) and headed for our favourite wing joint. Today, the sun was shining temps in the double digits & all was well with the world. Good time to take my wife out for her first "official" ride of the season. Car running great, retrofitted clock working perfectly, newly sealed intake not leaking, new Magnums looking awesome - couldn't be better. Decided to go check out a fishing derby in Nearby Peterborough and enjoyed a large box of french fries while watching the anglers. Headed home and, while doing my post drive clean up, discovered that a sea gull had decided to dump it's dinner from the last three or four days on my trunk lid! Great coverage - a 5" diameter pile that radiated out to splatter the fenders on both sides AND the back window. Hope this isn't an omen as to how the rest of the season is going to be........or is that supposed to be good luck?? Sorry, no pics, I was in too big a hurry to clean it off before it caused any damage to the paint.
Reply Purge Spammer

That was its way of saying you have the best looking car in the lot.
The Idaho Andy
Reply Purge Spammer

No pictures necessary. LOL

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1969 Coronet A39 Super Bee Scat Pack Spring Special option code 1958300 1 9 08-23-24, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  1967 Coronet 'Restoration' Piper 29 201 07-27-24, 05:12 PM
Last Post: juan a.
  Front End Alignment Shop for 1967 Coronet 440net 2 12 05-29-24, 04:14 PM
Last Post: 440net
  dodge coronet super bee rear trim ramiroflores 1 14 05-08-24, 09:28 AM
Last Post: 67440Dodge
  Trying to find my grandpas 1968 coronet rt. mason 4 33 01-29-24, 11:11 AM
  1970 Coronet 500 new to me. SteveSS 13 57 01-25-24, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  Power Brake Conversion for 1958 Coronet acer 5 24 11-20-23, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 65rbdodge
  Coronet update. 493mike 11 53 10-23-23, 09:06 PM
  Welcome to the new and improved Dodge Coronet Forum!! 67440Dodge 4 52 10-07-23, 02:06 AM
  '67 Coronet Trunk Gasket stonehengeheels 3 1,764 08-26-22, 11:29 AM