Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Coronet this Week ....???
After getting the door hinges rebuilt and aligning the doors I finally finished up all the conv top & window glass adjustments. Started putting in the Fat Mat.
Reply Purge Spammer

Andy,
VERY nice R/T!!
Reply Purge Spammer

This week I:

- Put the side marker lights in.
- aligned the six pack hood.
- installed the new head light hardware.
- restored the headlights, headlight buckets and trim rings.
- restored the dash soft trim pieces and ash tray.
- Added the new door locks and ferules.
- Dyed my new A-pillar moldings.

This week:

- I will be installing the new inside rear window trim.
- new door panels.
- Finish putting in all the weather stripping.
- Finish the dash frame and start to assemble it to install.
Reply Purge Spammer

theman440 Wrote:Andy - are those Magnesium wheels on the car?

I have a few other people say they are, I thought they were aluminum but never checked other than for cracks or corrosion.

I had been looking for years for a matched set of 15x7 vintage ones, I restored a `57 T-bird and these were on it when we dragged it out of the garage and he bought them new in `66 so I had to have them and he was going stock wheels anyway. SCORE!!!
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

Warhawkfight34 Wrote:Andy,

VERY nice R/T!!

Thank you Smile
The Idaho Andy
Reply Purge Spammer

Well, I've been a bit nervous about pulling the clock out of my '66 Coronet but it was a slow day, so..... Anyway, no big deal (thanks shop manual!) and in pretty short time, I had the instrument cluster out on the bench. Interesting point, the power wire from the Ammeter post to the clock was disconnected & taped up.....hmmmmmm. Took the clock out, disassembled the case, hands off, etc and realized it's really a normal wind up clock with an electric winder. Check that the contact points were ok and tested that the rewind solenoid worked - looks like the clock mechanism is gummed up. I decided to try a local clock/watch repair guy, who has years of experience, and he knew exactly what I had and how to service it. Should be ready in about a week. Of course, he did have to tell me that clocks from that era were pretty much junk when new & only lasted about a year - already knew that! While I was at it, I 32293230323132323233cleaned the bezel glass and the instrument faces, also a good time to replace burnt out bulbs. I'll let you know how this turns out in a week or so.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Purge Spammer

harold prentice Wrote:Well, I've been a bit nervous about pulling the clock out of my '66 Coronet but it was a slow day, so..... Anyway, no big deal (thanks shop manual!) and in pretty short time, I had the instrument cluster out on the bench. Interesting point, the power wire from the Ammeter post to the clock was disconnected & taped up.....hmmmmmm. Took the clock out, disassembled the case, hands off, etc and realized it's really a normal wind up clock with an electric winder. Check that the contact points were ok and tested that the rewind solenoid worked - looks like the clock mechanism is gummed up. I decided to try a local clock/watch repair guy, who has years of experience, and he knew exactly what I had and how to service it. Should be ready in about a week. Of course, he did have to tell me that clocks from that era were pretty much junk when new & only lasted about a year - already knew that! While I was at it, I 32293230323132323233cleaned the bezel glass and the instrument faces, also a good time to replace burnt out bulbs. I'll let you know how this turns out in a week or so.

Did I ever mention to you that there are quartz movement conversion kits available for our 1966-67 Coronet factory dash mounted clocks? This kit comes with an instructional DVD as well as written instructions, but I'm sure that your local clock repair shop that you mentioned could do this conversion for you if you don't want to do it yourself at home. Since you already have the clock out of the car, now would be the perfect time to do a conversion like this. The ebay seller mentions a one year warranty, but that's a basic electrical part warranty and I'd bet that it will last much longer and at least your clock would draw less current and would keep much better time.

Richard

Ebay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quartz-Conversio...3a86ad4fe8

[Image: %24%28KGrHqN,%21oEFJNRDQdK%21BSbmtm2ewQ%7E%7E60_3.JPG]
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

Good time to lube speedo cable and wiper transmission too Harold. I that bezel restored? The chrome looks nice.
The Idaho Andy
Reply Purge Spammer

Got the brakes working with the help of a new booster, dual master, and a vacuum pump mounted to the frame. Now it's off to get the custom exhaust built for it. Hopefully will be ready to drive soon. It's been over a year now since taking it all apart for paint, re-assembly, dropping the fresh motor in, trouble shooting, etc... The list goes on and on.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Purge Spammer

How did you go about adjusting the windows? My rear ones are JACKED up as far as alignment goes.
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1969 Coronet A39 Super Bee Scat Pack Spring Special option code 1958300 1 9 08-23-24, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  1967 Coronet 'Restoration' Piper 29 201 07-27-24, 05:12 PM
Last Post: juan a.
  Front End Alignment Shop for 1967 Coronet 440net 2 12 05-29-24, 04:14 PM
Last Post: 440net
  dodge coronet super bee rear trim ramiroflores 1 14 05-08-24, 09:28 AM
Last Post: 67440Dodge
  Trying to find my grandpas 1968 coronet rt. mason 4 33 01-29-24, 11:11 AM
  1970 Coronet 500 new to me. SteveSS 13 57 01-25-24, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  Power Brake Conversion for 1958 Coronet acer 5 24 11-20-23, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 65rbdodge
  Coronet update. 493mike 11 53 10-23-23, 09:06 PM
  Welcome to the new and improved Dodge Coronet Forum!! 67440Dodge 4 52 10-07-23, 02:06 AM
  '67 Coronet Trunk Gasket stonehengeheels 3 1,764 08-26-22, 11:29 AM