Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Coronet this Week ....???
would have been that for sure.. that would have been 2nd time a Coronet has smacked that wall
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

Mr. WS27 - is that a foctory AA1 car? I have only seen one other than mine.
Reply Purge Spammer

67440Dodge Wrote:would have been that for sure.. that would have been 2nd time a Coronet has smacked that wall

What was the first?

Inquiring minds want to know.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

Rayh1967 Wrote:Mr. WS27 - is that a foctory AA1 car? I have only seen one other than mine.

No Ray, it was a white RT destined for the junk yard. I am building it around a restored red dash.

I met a guy at the Nats a number of years ago who had one, AA1, red interior AND 4 spd. What is yours?
Reply Purge Spammer

ws27 Wrote:What was the first?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I was moving my 66 over to the side of the driveway where the Ram sits. I was using homemade wheel dollies (no drivetrain), and up until that time they worked great. Wheel broke on one, and car fell off them. When it fell, the front wheel got dislodged from the block I had, and it started rolling down the hill. Luckily the front wheel was dangly bits, so the car made a beeline for the wall and smacked into it. Pushed the blocks back about half inch, and wrinkled the taillight housing.

Now when I move a car without power, that Toyota sits at the bottom of the driveway to keep whatever may get loose in the driveway.

Oh-boy. I live on a hill too. The things that got away were interesting. Wagon load of 2L bottles of Coke, cantiloupes, and a 78 AMC Sportabout wagon.

All down onto a busy high way...
Reply Purge Spammer

I un-buried my '66 Hardtop moved it over to the other side of the garage. Put it up on jackstands and swapped out the torsion bars for some .865 6-cylinder bars. Gettin' ready for MATS in two weeks - hope to improve my 60ft times and hang the tires 12-18 inches!
Reply Purge Spammer

ws27 Wrote:Oh-boy. I live on a hill too. The things that got away were interesting. Wagon load of 2L bottles of Coke, cantiloupes, and a 78 AMC Sportabout wagon.

All down onto a busy high way...

When I was 3yrs old, my cousin had her car parked where the 'Net is now. Apparently I was playing on the yard above it, and whatever I had went into the open window. So I got in the car and started playing with all the buttons and knobs I found. My mother and cousin hear a loud bang, and look out and found the car gone. Apparently I took it out of gear (this was before steering column locks) and it rolled down the driveway, across the street into my neighbors yard,, over a 3 ft wall and finally into a tree on the other side of the road. If the car had veered about 10 ft in the other direction, it would have gone off a 10-15 foot embankment and into someones house. Story I've heard is when the neigbhors got to the car, they found me holding on to the wheel going "WEEEE!!!!"

Funniest part of the story is police showed up and filled out a report. 3-4 months later a letter from motor vehicles shows up addressed to me. It stated that because I was the driver in an accident and could not provide a drivers license, my license was being suspended for 6 months. My father said if the state was going to be that stupid, I could be that stupid. He had me scribble my name and age on the form and he sent it back.

LOL, Mike's early adventures at driving.
Reply Purge Spammer

Sunday worked on the Charger and after that Jim the owner of Charger and I went for a drive. He get's me off the line but top end I took that Cobra down Banging Gears

Spilled coffee all over my console, on my way to work today LOL , I just took the lid off and hosed it off, good to go.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1969 Coronet A39 Super Bee Scat Pack Spring Special option code 1958300 1 9 08-23-24, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  1967 Coronet 'Restoration' Piper 29 201 07-27-24, 05:12 PM
Last Post: juan a.
  Front End Alignment Shop for 1967 Coronet 440net 2 12 05-29-24, 04:14 PM
Last Post: 440net
  dodge coronet super bee rear trim ramiroflores 1 14 05-08-24, 09:28 AM
Last Post: 67440Dodge
  Trying to find my grandpas 1968 coronet rt. mason 4 33 01-29-24, 11:11 AM
  1970 Coronet 500 new to me. SteveSS 13 57 01-25-24, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  Power Brake Conversion for 1958 Coronet acer 5 24 11-20-23, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 65rbdodge
  Coronet update. 493mike 11 53 10-23-23, 09:06 PM
  Welcome to the new and improved Dodge Coronet Forum!! 67440Dodge 4 52 10-07-23, 02:06 AM
  '67 Coronet Trunk Gasket stonehengeheels 3 1,764 08-26-22, 11:29 AM