Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Coronet this Week ....???
thebankerstoy Wrote:What are the specs on the new cam Andy"

Richard

Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 268/276
Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 226/234
Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .494/.513
LSA/ICL: 110/106
Valve Lash (Int/Exh): Hyd/Hyd
RPM Range: 1800-6200
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

67r/t4speeder Wrote:Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 268/276
Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 226/234
Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .494/.513
LSA/ICL: 110/106
Valve Lash (Int/Exh): Hyd/Hyd
RPM Range: 1800-6200

Looks to be a nice cam, but it is a hydraulic design, so even though you're using the Valvoline Racing Motor Oil Andy, I'd still highly recommend using something like the Comp Cams part #159 "Engine Break-In Oil Additive" which is rich in ZDDP (zinc) and continue to use it at every oil change along with your Vavoline to protect that new cam and lifters my friend.

I'm running one of the Mopar Performance 6 quart Hemi oil pans on my Coronet's 440, so I use one full 12 ounce bottle of the Comp Cams oil additive along with the Chevron Delo 400 motor oil. I also use this same motor oil and oil additive in the 318 in my sons Dart and it's worked out very well on both cars.

[Image: CompCamspart159-enginebreak-inoilad.jpg]

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

Thanks Richard I will.

Maybe someday I can swing a roller cam now but this will do for now.
The Idaho Andy
Reply Purge Spammer

67r/t4speeder Wrote:Thanks Richard I will.

Maybe someday I can swing a roller cam now but this will do for now.

I sure understand that Andy, as the roller camshaft and lifter set-ups do hit you squarely in the wallet up front, but with the excellent maintenance that you give all of your cars and trucks, a roller cam and lifters would live a long happy life in Max and the issues that you've experienced with a hydraulic cam and lifters would be just a bad memory.

Another option that I'd like to learn a whole lot more about, are the roller hydraulic lifters similar to the ones offered by Howards Cams below and sold by Summit Racing. Lots of other cam manufactures make these also, so the Howards are just used as an example.

Summit Racing link: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hrs-91767/overview/

Quote:Howards Cams Street series retrofit hydraulic roller lifters are designed for street performance enthusiasts who want to upgrade to a hydraulic roller camshaft. They are manufactured to fit early or late model blocks, including blocks with tall lifter bosses. Howards Cams uses cold form technology to shape their bodies for durability. The lifters are then carbonitrided and tempered for hardness. They also feature hardened and tempered steel alloy roller wheels, heat-treated stainless steel cross bars, and high-alloy steel tie bar buttons. Howards Cams Street series retrofit hydraulic roller lifters are made in the USA and are specifically designed for street applications up to 6,500 rpm.
[Image: HRS-91113FB-1.jpg?rep=True]

[Image: HRS-91767_xl.jpg?rep=False]
Maybe some of our members who have purchased and run these style of lifters could let us know what they think? Are these style lifters also compatible with all hydraulic camshafts?

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

I have built two383 stroker chevy engines with those and they love it. I get more people wanting me to build them one but gulp at the price but good parts cost.
My440 I am starting on for Max will be roller
The Idaho Andy
Reply Purge Spammer

67r/t4speeder Wrote:I have built two383 stroker chevy engines with those and they love it. I get more people wanting me to build them one but gulp at the price but good parts cost.
My440 I am starting on for Max will be roller

Do you know if those style roller hydraulic lifters will work with any hydraulic camshaft Andy, or do they require a specialized cam?

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

Always matched cam and lifters my machinist has. First set were Comps, good but noisy
, other was crower and no noise ran same though.
The Idaho Andy
Reply Purge Spammer

Did the MAD electrical ammeter bypass and installed relays for the headlights. One question: can humidity shrink cars? Because I don't remember having that much trouble fitting under the dash before!Big Grin
Mark
Reply Purge Spammer

thebankerstoy Wrote:Do you know if those style roller hydraulic lifters will work with any hydraulic camshaft Andy, or do they require a specialized cam?

Richard

When you run a roller lifter, you have to run a cam that is ground for them. Otherwise they'll do nasty things to each other..
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

Mark's 69 Wrote:Did the MAD electrical ammeter bypass and installed relays for the headlights. One question: can humidity shrink cars? Because I don't remember having that much trouble fitting under the dash before!Big Grin
Mark

Rofl
The Idaho Andy
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1969 Coronet A39 Super Bee Scat Pack Spring Special option code 1958300 1 9 08-23-24, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  1967 Coronet 'Restoration' Piper 29 201 07-27-24, 05:12 PM
Last Post: juan a.
  Front End Alignment Shop for 1967 Coronet 440net 2 12 05-29-24, 04:14 PM
Last Post: 440net
  dodge coronet super bee rear trim ramiroflores 1 14 05-08-24, 09:28 AM
Last Post: 67440Dodge
  Trying to find my grandpas 1968 coronet rt. mason 4 33 01-29-24, 11:11 AM
  1970 Coronet 500 new to me. SteveSS 13 57 01-25-24, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  Power Brake Conversion for 1958 Coronet acer 5 24 11-20-23, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 65rbdodge
  Coronet update. 493mike 11 53 10-23-23, 09:06 PM
  Welcome to the new and improved Dodge Coronet Forum!! 67440Dodge 4 52 10-07-23, 02:06 AM
  '67 Coronet Trunk Gasket stonehengeheels 3 1,764 08-26-22, 11:29 AM