Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Coronet this Week ....???
OK so I don't know where i left off here BUT i got the new lock ring out and put the old one back in .. so far so good. Filled it with gas last night and took him for a spin - driveway was dry. YAY makes me a happy girl .. next on the list is the weather stripping that I didn't know was separate from the windlace. Gotta get that so i dont get wet while its raining. Wink

JennFAFA Wrote:OK so I don't know where i left off here BUT i got the new lock ring out and put the old one back in .. so far so good. Filled it with gas last night and took him for a spin - driveway was dry. YAY makes me a happy girl .. next on the list is the weather stripping that I didn't know was separate from the windlace. Gotta get that so i dont get wet while its raining. Wink

Way to go Jenn, can't beat the quality of original parts.
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

yea you got that right! POS part pissed me off. Things are NOT made like they used to be huh?

JennFAFA Wrote:yea you got that right! POS part pissed me off. Things are NOT made like they used to be huh?
That would be an understatement Jenn.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

I'd like to add a comment to what Jenn said about the aftermarket fuel sending unit lock rings being junk.

I purchased one of the lock ring install & removal tools from Vans Auto awhile back and when I tried to use it earlier this year while I was restoring my Coronets complete fuel system, I used this tool to remove my cars original metal lock ring and it worked just as designed. When I tried to use the same tool to install the new aftermarket lock ring that came with my new fuel sending unit, the tool simply would NOT work, no matter what I tried. Needless to say, the cheap aftermarker lock ring went into my spare parts bin and the original used part went back on my car.

While it's good to see parts being reproduced for our cars, having parts reproduced for our cars that don't work and fit like the original parts did is absolutely useless in my humble opinion. If someone is going to spend the time and money to reproduce a part, please do it correctly, or please don't bother making it at all.

Richard

[Image: FuelTankSendingUnitLoclRingRemovalToolpu...ct2012.jpg]
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

Amen
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

X2
Reply Purge Spammer

thebankerstoy Wrote:I'd like to add a comment to what Jenn said about the aftermarket fuel sending unit lock rings being junk.

I purchased one of the lock ring install & removal tools from Vans Auto awhile back and when I tried to use it earlier this year while I was restoring my Coronets complete fuel system, I used this tool to remove my cars original metal lock ring and it worked just as designed. When I tried to use the same tool to install the new aftermarket lock ring that came with my new fuel sending unit, the tool simply would NOT work, no matter what I tried. Needless to say, the cheap aftermarker lock ring went into my spare parts bin and the original used part went back on my car.

While it's good to see parts being reproduced for our cars, having parts reproduced for our cars that don't work and fit like the original parts did is absolutely useless in my humble opinion. If someone is going to spend the time and money to reproduce a part, please do it correctly, or please don't bother making it at all.

Richard

[Image: FuelTankSendingUnitLoclRingRemovalToolpu...ct2012.jpg]

Hey Richard - you don't want to here my restoration parts stories!
Reply Purge Spammer

Can you believe it? I did nothing to either car, again.
Reply Purge Spammer

theman440 Wrote:Can you believe it? I did nothing to either car, again.
Join the club...
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1969 Coronet A39 Super Bee Scat Pack Spring Special option code 1958300 1 9 08-23-24, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  1967 Coronet 'Restoration' Piper 29 201 07-27-24, 05:12 PM
Last Post: juan a.
  Front End Alignment Shop for 1967 Coronet 440net 2 12 05-29-24, 04:14 PM
Last Post: 440net
  dodge coronet super bee rear trim ramiroflores 1 14 05-08-24, 09:28 AM
Last Post: 67440Dodge
  Trying to find my grandpas 1968 coronet rt. mason 4 33 01-29-24, 11:11 AM
  1970 Coronet 500 new to me. SteveSS 13 57 01-25-24, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  Power Brake Conversion for 1958 Coronet acer 5 24 11-20-23, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 65rbdodge
  Coronet update. 493mike 11 53 10-23-23, 09:06 PM
  Welcome to the new and improved Dodge Coronet Forum!! 67440Dodge 4 52 10-07-23, 02:06 AM
  '67 Coronet Trunk Gasket stonehengeheels 3 1,764 08-26-22, 11:29 AM