Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Coronet this Week ....???
thebankerstoy Wrote:I completely agree with all of the others Jim, that is one VERY cool video indeed! You've done a FANTASTIC job restoring your Coronet!

Richard

Thanks, Little Anthony's Diner show last night.... Best of Show even with a '69 RT Hemi there Smile

10761]10762]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Purge Spammer

I just purchased a new 15" long x 8" wide x 2" tall finned polished aluminium air cleaned that will match my M/T valve covers when I get them installed. The fins on the new air cleaner are polished and I'll paint the areas between the fins with Mopar Performance Race Hemi Orange to match the rest of the engine.

Picture of one of my M/T covers that the new air cleaner will be painted to match.

[Image: My%20MT%20Valve%20Covers%20-%20Drivers%2...g~original]

The new unpainted air cleaner with my chrome covers. The plastic wrapper is still on the filter element as I want to keep it clean until it's installed.

[Image: New%20Oval%20Air%20Cleaner%20For%20My%20...g~original]

[URL="http://s146.photobucket.com/user/thebankerstoy/media/New%20Oval%20Air%20Cleaner%20For%20My%201966%20Coronet%20500%206%20-%205-6-2017.png.html"][Image: New%20Oval%20Air%20Cleaner%20For%20My%20...g~original]

[/URL]Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

Looking good Richard.
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

Thank you VERY much Andy! I am not Worthy It's fun to make a few changes to the car after keeping it the same for so many years. If I get the chance someday I'd like to put a set of Cragar SS mags on it to give it a more 60's look.

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

I agree, it looks great!

It's even better knowing Rosie and you can take if for a ride when ever you want!
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

Thank you Rich! Because of all of Mike's help, it is now possible for Rosie and me to take both cars out when we can! Cool

We weren't able to take either the Coronet or the Dart out today, but we did take the new air cleaner lid to my friends shop to have him do some buffing and paint work on it, so technically I did accomplish something on the cars today! Rofl

By the way, thanks to the new Lunati hydraulic camshaft which is producing 19 inches of engine vacuum at idle, Mike and I were able to remove all of the noisy and ineffective electric vacuum pump and it's related parts! Sure looks a lot less cluttered up on the drivers side front corner of the engine compartment with all of those parts removed! Braking system is working MUCH better now! Mike about put us both through the windshield the first time he tried a panic stop! Rofl

[Image: My1966Coronet500-5-23-2013-9.jpg~original]

[Image: My%201966%20Coronet%20500%20-%20440%20En...g~original]

How about you my friend? Have you been able to put any time in on your fantastic cars lately?

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

Unfortunately I haven't been able to work on the cars yet. I have to get the blue car out of hibernation, put new sneakers on it, and adjust the brakes to make if safe again. Last fall, I had it going side ways on the high way due to an idiot going about 15 MPH in a 55MPH zone with this idiot not paying attention and then hitting the brakes a little too hard. I ended up passing him in the brake down lane to avoid an accident. The car has 11 drums which stop great, but they were a little out of adjustment. Couple that with a power booster and you have a brake pedal that does nothing for a couple of inches then 100% brake in the next 1/8 inch of travel. So brake modulation is a little lacking until I get them adjusted again.

I have been working on this little engine though and note the wiring LOL:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Purge Spammer

ws27 Wrote:Unfortunately I haven't been able to work on the cars yet. I have to get the blue car out of hibernation, put new sneakers on it, and adjust the brakes to make if safe again. Last fall, I had it going side ways on the high way due to an idiot going about 15 MPH in a 55MPH zone with this idiot not paying attention and then hitting the brakes a little too hard. I ended up passing him in the brake down lane to avoid an accident. The car has 11 drums which stop great, but they were a little out of adjustment. Couple that with a power booster and you have a brake pedal that does nothing for a couple of inches then 100% brake in the next 1/8 inch of travel. So brake modulation is a little lacking until I get them adjusted again.

I have been working on this little engine though and note the wiring LOL:

I remember you talking about that hairy near miss on the highway! It really is easy to forget how far the automotive industry has advance since our Muscle cars were new until we get out of a newer vehicle and get into one of the old cars.

WOW! That is an impressive set up there Rich! What are you doing with it?

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

Rosie and I took the Coronet and Dart out for drives today. It was only in the high 70's here in Phoenix today and the same for the past few days as well, so it was really nice to be able to take the cars out in that kind of weather! Normally it's in the high 90's or low hundreds this time of year and that's where it's headed tomorrow, so it was nice while it lasted!

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

That's awesome Richard. Keep on keeping on.

That's a Cummins M11 I'm sending out for a rebuild. It's tired and abused.
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1969 Coronet A39 Super Bee Scat Pack Spring Special option code 1958300 1 9 08-23-24, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  1967 Coronet 'Restoration' Piper 29 201 07-27-24, 05:12 PM
Last Post: juan a.
  Front End Alignment Shop for 1967 Coronet 440net 2 12 05-29-24, 04:14 PM
Last Post: 440net
  dodge coronet super bee rear trim ramiroflores 1 14 05-08-24, 09:28 AM
Last Post: 67440Dodge
  Trying to find my grandpas 1968 coronet rt. mason 4 33 01-29-24, 11:11 AM
  1970 Coronet 500 new to me. SteveSS 13 57 01-25-24, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  Power Brake Conversion for 1958 Coronet acer 5 24 11-20-23, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 65rbdodge
  Coronet update. 493mike 11 53 10-23-23, 09:06 PM
  Welcome to the new and improved Dodge Coronet Forum!! 67440Dodge 4 52 10-07-23, 02:06 AM
  '67 Coronet Trunk Gasket stonehengeheels 3 1,764 08-26-22, 11:29 AM