Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 questions
Hello Fellow 'Neters,

Two questions:

1. My battery did not survive the winter (had to jump her to get her home). Any batteries y'all like or as important, don't like?
  2. A guy gave me the Super 225 sticker in the picture below. What is the proper placement?

Thank you!

-b

8295]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Purge Spammer

I personally use the Optima Gel Cell Batteries. They are more resistant to temperature, heat and especially the cold weather .

I especially like them in my off road toys as they do better with the vibration factor.

again it's just my opinion.
Frozen Canadian Coronet Member since 2009.   

The "Alberta" Andy.
Reply Purge Spammer

I like Interstate, I've been running them for years in my cars and trucks. In my big trucks, I have three in one and four in the other and they are all about 12 years old now, still running good. Just a note though, they have spent the last few years in climate controlled bliss, but up until then, they started stubborn diesel engines in the coldest weather.

For you, I'd suggest getting a battery you feel comfortable with and plan on taking it out for the winter, storing it in your basement or garage where it won't see large temp. fluctuations and put a tender on it, it will last a very long time.

My blue car still has the battery I bought it with, its about 15 years old now, course I haven't tried to start the car yet this year, but I have been waiting for it to die, and it just laughs at me. And it's an everyready, probably a cheap department store brand.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

I "trickle" charge all winter after pulling the battery out and sitting it on some carpat or a rubber pad. I check the acid once a month and after 4 years, I "pitch" them and get new!
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Engine and transmission questions odot365 14 9,157 08-21-16, 09:21 PM
Last Post: 67440Dodge
  Some more 68 Coronet Questions slimert 6 5,083 04-15-15, 01:16 PM
Last Post: mike1968rt
  Couple of questions Piper 15 9,876 04-06-15, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Hibbing_Coronet_500
  440 Motor Questions... Jeff Bailey 5 3,477 08-18-14, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Drag-Net
  67 coronet with 273 engine have questions!!! uncledon 7 4,626 02-27-14, 04:29 PM
Last Post: theman440