Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIN and VON identification 1967 Coronet
Hello again,

More on this story: The gentleman found the guy from the body shop and there is still a disagreement with how had the fender and VIN tags. The shop owner said he does not have it, but did have the Chilton’s manual and inside they did find the paper with the traced fender and VIN tag but no tags anywhere to be found.

The owner found someone that will make a fender tag for $150.00 but they will not make a VIN tag which no one will.

I followed up with what Mike and Andy said and researched the Chrysler Historical Collection and downloaded the form and talked with him about this. I left him know that I will pay for this but he will have to submit it since he is the owner.

My question to you guys, If the IBM punch card is located there and the numbers on the card match the radiator support and VIN with all the options on that traced fender well tag will this be enough for someone to be good with purchasing the car?

I mean I would like to get this car and finish it and when I am doing playing with it I would like to sell it. I just don’t want to be stuck with a devalued car and have all my money into it.

The owner is the third owner, his brother was the second and its been in the family for 23 years. The purchased it from the original owner. I know I can get past pictures of the car and with a little research find the original owner possibly.

If the card comes back no match I will not touch it and if there is no card I will not touch it as it is suspect even with all the documentation. No one will pay top dollar for the car with out it, but with the punch car will they pay top dollar?

Just a bit frustrated,

Chuck
Reply Purge Spammer

IMHO, no.. people won't pay top dollar for the car even if it had the punch card. (it's actually a photocopy of the original).

It sounds like a nice car, but I'd walk away from it.
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

What Mike said, that's a big cloud over that car, I wouldn't care how much paperwork you had on that, I wouldn't buy it without a VIN plate. Did someone remove the VIN plate and fender tag to rebody, see you don't know! Sit tight, there's other stuff out there, maybe even here!!
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

Without a VIN tag in place, you will not be allowed to license and register the car in your name, so you will be forced to get a state issued replacement VIN number IF you can prove your case on why the original factory installed VIN tag is missing to your local DMV. I will also say that it's my opinion that in most all cases, this issue will severely hurt the value of the vehicle as far as collectors are concerned. As mentioned, it is illegal to remove, or replace a vehicles original factory installed VIN tag, so this problem has no fix other than getting the state issued VIN. I have personal experience with this type of problem with a 1970 440 Six Pack, 4 speed, Dana equipped Ciuda that I purchased with my brother-in-law back in 1979 that has a state issued VIN number. That's an involved story that I won't bore you with here, but the cars collector value was pretty much voided by this issue.

A collector vehicle purchased without a title isn't nearly as risky as a collector car purchased without it's factory installed VIN tag and fender mounted option code tag plate. Unless you're going to purchase this car for a VERY good price and you want the car because you really like it, I'd recommend passing on it. If you're only going to purchase this car as an "investment", then you're going to have issues recouping your money.

Some here will disagree with my opinions and that's fine, but I'm looking at this situation as if it was my money being spent and honestly, if that was the case, my money would stay in my bank account. If this problem was easy to fix, this cars current owner would have fixed the problem twelve years ago right?

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

are you still interested in purchasing a 67 R/T? I am thinking about letting mine go to fund another project. It is an original California car, AA1 silver with dark blue bucket interior. I redid this car about 10 years ago. I consider it a really nice driver but others think it is nicer than that. Drop me a line email if interested. Take care
Reply Purge Spammer

Rayh1967 Wrote:are you still interested in purchasing a 67 R/T? I am thinking about letting mine go to fund another project. It is an original California car, AA1 silver with dark blue bucket interior. I redid this car about 10 years ago. I consider it a really nice driver but others think it is nicer than that. Drop me a line email if interested. Take care
Some pics???????
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

they are in my photo album
Reply Purge Spammer

Rayh1967 Wrote:they are in my photo album
Nice looking ride!
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1969 Coronet A39 Super Bee Scat Pack Spring Special option code 1958300 1 9 08-23-24, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  1967 Coronet 'Restoration' Piper 29 201 07-27-24, 05:12 PM
Last Post: juan a.
  Front End Alignment Shop for 1967 Coronet 440net 2 12 05-29-24, 04:14 PM
Last Post: 440net
  dodge coronet super bee rear trim ramiroflores 1 14 05-08-24, 09:28 AM
Last Post: 67440Dodge
  Trying to find my grandpas 1968 coronet rt. mason 4 33 01-29-24, 11:11 AM
  1970 Coronet 500 new to me. SteveSS 13 57 01-25-24, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  Power Brake Conversion for 1958 Coronet acer 5 24 11-20-23, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 65rbdodge
  Coronet update. 493mike 11 53 10-23-23, 09:06 PM
  Welcome to the new and improved Dodge Coronet Forum!! 67440Dodge 4 52 10-07-23, 02:06 AM
  '67 Coronet Trunk Gasket stonehengeheels 3 1,764 08-26-22, 11:29 AM