Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's have some fun!
"how about your heater hose bracket.those on the firewall are usaually for the hemi.yours would be attached to the valve cover" I was wondering about that bracket as on our `66 it is on valve cover but it's a poly 318, not a big block .
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

Jeff, you have an AC water outlet, that is why you are having so much trouble. AC outlets are angled to the front and non AC are straight. The air cleaner is supposed to have a pie pan on it, so never came on a 66 B. PS cap is supposed to be painted. Blue ign wires, plastic wire holders. Is this an auto? You should only have one return spring peeking out. Coil nuts too shiny. (let's see how Mike takes this into the gutter LOL) Pos wire not red/ no harness?
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

Coil nuts too shiny ??Rofl sucks when your nuts are too shinySmile
The Idaho Andy
Reply Purge Spammer

BEAR R.- Wrote:hi "theman440". new guy here.but already joining in.are all the things answered.?cause if not..how about your heater hose bracket.those on the firewall are usaually for the hemi.yours would be attached to the valve cover.?blue hoses too.should be black.?..Rad.cap.? power steering hose.?.don't know.am I right..lets see what else you got there.ill be back.God Bless.Bear R.-..ps..im not to familiar w/v8 accesories ..as I have a slant six in my 67 Coronet 440.im learning though..ha,ha..

Heater Hose Bracket - good catch, incorrect for this car - should be on the valve cover.
Blue hoses - yes, but they have been on the car for 28 years! they are sillicone and will never go bad. It was brand new technology at the time of installation. I think they look good along with the matching plug wires.
Radiator Cap - yup, but this is no concurs car.
Somebody already pointed out the P/S return hose "thingy"
Reply Purge Spammer

67r/t4speeder Wrote:"how about your heater hose bracket.those on the firewall are usaually for the hemi.yours would be attached to the valve cover" I was wondering about that bracket as on our `66 it is on valve cover but it's a poly 318, not a big block .

The big block cars have it on the valve cover too.
Reply Purge Spammer

ws27 Wrote:Jeff, you have an AC water outlet, that is why you are having so much trouble. AC outlets are angled to the front and non AC are straight. The air cleaner is supposed to have a pie pan on it, so never came on a 66 B. PS cap is supposed to be painted. Blue ign wires, plastic wire holders. Is this an auto? You should only have one return spring peeking out. Coil nuts too shiny. (let's see how Mike takes this into the gutter LOL) Pos wire not red/ no harness?

I beg to differ on the outlet - my hardtop was a big block A/C and the outlet pointed towards the passenger fender. It had to because the A/C compressor was in the way. Yeah the air cleaner is way wrong - I have a correct 9 inch unsilenced one for it, I like the dual snorkle. The P/S cap is painted! (silver) supposed to be black huh? Yeah the wires are blue, yeah the positive cable is not red - got it from NAPA. I had bought a repro cable but it wouldn't work with the headers so I sold it, then I swapped to HP manifolds...duh! Shiny nuts? well if shaved the hair off I might be able to polish them up! Call me picky I like to keep the plug wires separated along the whole length. What harness are you referring to Rich?

Rich - as far as the springs go, the car is an auto. One spring is the throttle return and the other is for the kickdown linkage. Without the spring the K-D linkage will slide back and jack up the line pressure and keep the trans from shifting properly.
Reply Purge Spammer

You guy's can put my engine compartment under the tent too if you want, course only after we are done judging Jeff's.
This is fun.

Shiny nuts Rofl
The Idaho Andy
Reply Purge Spammer

Damn.. I know our plates are being watched, but now you guys are watching me use electric clippers now?!?!?
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

I'll let Jeff and Mike talk about their nuts, but I believe the coil nuts came dull. (poor choice of words I'm sure). LOL I'll have to check my 66 on the water outlet Jeff. Having both 66 and 67 causes confusion in my already small mind. I guess I'm thinking of 67s because they came straight with non AC. My 66 vert has it's original outlet too. The harness I was referring to was the positive cable harness, it has not only the big positive, but a smaller one that goes to the starter relay and one from the starter relay to the starter. Again 66 might be a little different. Mopar painted the entire PS pump black and left the cap on. The cap was plated and the paint fell off quickly leaving what most people think is an original unpainted cap. On the kick down (officially called throttle valve) the return spring you are referring to goes from the actual carb linkage (where the throttle goes) , rear, to the first fulcrum at the rear of the intake. If you want a picture, I'll get you one. I'll have to get a pic of one of my cars too. Like Andy said, after we are done with Jeff...LOL.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

There are still a lot of incorrect incorrect things to point out
Reply Purge Spammer