Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's have some fun!
2360Here is a pic of the engine compartment of my convertible - I challenge all you DCR's to point out what is incorrect (there's a bunch) FYI - the car is a '66 Coronet 440, 383-4bbl / auto.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Purge Spammer

Dimmer switch grommet?Rofl
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

ws27 Wrote:Dimmer switch grommet?Rofl

Rofl No carpet...
Reply Purge Spammer

I like this engine compartment it's tidy and clean. But OK wingnut, battery hold down, master cylinder, ignition, thingy in upper radiator hose, sticker on shroud ( I like it)2360&d=1357761997[/IMG]
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

67r/t4speeder Wrote:I like this engine compartment it's tidy and clean. But OK wingnut, battery hold down, master cylinder, ignition, thingy in upper radiator hose, sticker on shroud ( I like it)2360&d=1357761997[/IMG]
Wingnut - correct (you are)
Batt hold down - been rectified since photo.
Master cyl - yup, also the booster and bracket (74 Dart)
Ignition - yup, a manditory update if you are going to drive it (IMAO)
Thingy - funny story (well not reallly) I wanted to replace the rad hoses. The upper still had the Gates p/n on it. Got a new one - looks the same but won't fit. Bought another one from diff MFG, same issue and again from another still no fit!....F*****g junk parts! Had to do this to "get by" I have a repro hose now and will install later.
Sticker - from a Yale forklift, I thought it was cool too. The shroud actually came off my racecar, radiator too.
Reply Purge Spammer

Where does one start???

Ok.. that shiny thing on the power steering pump hose.. If Ma Mopar intended to have that on there, they would have put it on there!!

Air cleaner.. Incorrect number of dimples for a 66.

orange spot on block near water pump housing.. obviously this was painted Chevy orange at one time during it's life..
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

67440Dodge Wrote:Where does one start???

Ok.. that shiny thing on the power steering pump hose.. If Ma Mopar intended to have that on there, they would have put it on there!!

Air cleaner.. Incorrect number of dimples for a 66.

orange spot on block near water pump housing.. obviously this was painted Chevy orange at one time during it's life..

Shiny thing - yup, an improvement to Ma's design (IMAO)
Air Cleaner - yup, I have the correct one for it though.
Orange Spot - did I tell you that story Mike?
Reply Purge Spammer

Stock Volt reg and an electronic reg????????
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

theman440 Wrote:Orange Spot - did I tell you that story Mike?

Nope!
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

hi "theman440". new guy here.but already joining in.are all the things answered.?cause if not..how about your heater hose bracket.those on the firewall are usaually for the hemi.yours would be attached to the valve cover.?blue hoses too.should be black.?..Rad.cap.? power steering hose.?.don't know.am I right..lets see what else you got there.ill be back.God Bless.Bear R.-..ps..im not to familiar w/v8 accesories ..as I have a slant six in my 67 Coronet 440.im learning though..ha,ha..
Reply Purge Spammer