Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coronet Christmas
So what is your Coronet getting for Christmas? I have my Summit Christmas shopping list for mine ready to click order.....

It starts out with this:

[h=2]FiTech Fuel Injection 30003 - FiTech GoStreet EFI 400HP Self-Tuning Fuel Injection Systems[/h]
That should make the totally rebuilt original 318 sing with the new dual exhaust she will get for her birthday in April Smile

Jim
Reply Purge Spammer

Mine just needs a voltage limiter and a accelerator pump, got them already, will drop them in after the holidays.
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

I told my wife she could pick something from my Summit wish list: Pump in tank ready gas tank from Tanks Inc, pump, sending unit, a new pressure regulator and gauge, powermaster alternator (apparently 40amps doesn't cut it for fuel injection accessories), or a new CD ignition system ( fuel injection doesn't play well with coil triggered tach signal). I received a lot of good installation tips from Mike so thank you for that Mike. I got a good deal on a FAST efi 1.0 system so now I'm spending more on getting the fuel to it then I did on the system itself!
Reply Purge Spammer

Mark's 69 Wrote:I told my wife she could pick something from my Summit wish list: Pump in tank ready gas tank from Tanks Inc, pump, sending unit, a new pressure regulator and gauge, powermaster alternator (apparently 40amps doesn't cut it for fuel injection accessories), or a new CD ignition system ( fuel injection doesn't play well with coil triggered tach signal). I received a lot of good installation tips from Mike so thank you for that Mike. I got a good deal on a FAST efi 1.0 system so now I'm spending more on getting the fuel to it then I did on the system itself!

You bring up an inner struggle I am having. Tanks Inc and more plumbing fabrication than I want to do or the FITech Command Center that I have seen mixed opinions on. What is driving the in tank pump for you?
Reply Purge Spammer

Mike and others have said an in tank lasts longer. Also my tank is kinda beat up and the new one is a direct replacement that doesn't cost much more than a stock replacement. That and my wife said I could!Big Grin
Reply Purge Spammer

I am assuming that is because it is bathed in fuel and it runs cooler?
Reply Purge Spammer

Also will I regret not having the timing control for a simple cruiser?
Reply Purge Spammer

Still in the shop getting all new bushings, bearings, brakes, ball joints, and some other under side maintenance done. Got hemi mufflers for my birthday and should be getting those put on, hopefully, next week as well. Got all new stickers for the gauge cluster and all the under hood locations. Also got a new pumpkin to go from a 4.10 to a 3.23. Have only had the car for a few months, so I am super excited to get it back and go cruise. Should be close to being like brand new! Can't wait!
Reply Purge Spammer

JimKueneman Wrote:I am assuming that is because it is bathed in fuel and it runs cooler?
That is correct. I can't speak for the timing control, I myself would like it but my car has lived over forty years without it so...
Oh, one other thing, I checked into the fuel command center for the setup I am putting together. FiTech literature says they can build one with a 42psi regulator necessary with the FAST system but when I contacted them they suggested a separate regulator which would negate the savings I would have seen.
Reply Purge Spammer

Mark's 69 Wrote:That is correct. I can't speak for the timing control, I myself would like it but my car has lived over forty years without it so...
Oh, one other thing, I checked into the fuel command center for the setup I am putting together. FiTech literature says they can build one with a 42psi regulator necessary with the FAST system but when I contacted them they suggested a separate regulator which would negate the savings I would have seen.

#4 in this thread is enlightening... I am taking his advice and using the in-tank Holley conversion (which I did not even know existed until I found this thread). It looks like a very high quality piece of hardware and I REALLY like the one with the built in regulator so I don't have to run a return line back from the throttle body. I am also going to spend the extra $200 and get the Sniper and keep it all Holley.

http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-foru...gin.27320/

He seems to have a lot of real world experience with EFI conversions and give his opinion of the various ways to install a fuel pump.
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1969 Coronet A39 Super Bee Scat Pack Spring Special option code 1958300 1 9 08-23-24, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  1967 Coronet 'Restoration' Piper 29 201 07-27-24, 05:12 PM
Last Post: juan a.
  Front End Alignment Shop for 1967 Coronet 440net 2 12 05-29-24, 04:14 PM
Last Post: 440net
  dodge coronet super bee rear trim ramiroflores 1 14 05-08-24, 09:28 AM
Last Post: 67440Dodge
  Trying to find my grandpas 1968 coronet rt. mason 4 33 01-29-24, 11:11 AM
  1970 Coronet 500 new to me. SteveSS 13 57 01-25-24, 03:08 PM
  Power Brake Conversion for 1958 Coronet acer 5 24 11-20-23, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 65rbdodge
  Coronet update. 493mike 11 53 10-23-23, 09:06 PM
  Welcome to the new and improved Dodge Coronet Forum!! 67440Dodge 4 52 10-07-23, 02:06 AM
  Some Christmas Music 67440Dodge 1 348 12-24-22, 10:11 PM