Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WH23J 1 of 1 Hemi
1967 Coronet 440 2 Door Hardtop Hemi 1 of 1

All owners documented from the day it was new. Original broadcast sheet, Documented original engine, trans, differential ect ect. Long after Galen Govier documented this car. I decided just for the knowledge and learning experience for myself, I re-documented many of the parts and piece's all over the car myself. The car is in nice condition over all. Not a show car, nor a frame off restoration or true survivor down to the last tiny detail. It has been in possession here, for more than 10 years.

Some of Galen's notes:

Incorrect master cylinder and power steering pump, and A few fender bolts
All original tinted glass except LH vent window
Body and roof paint: Combination of excellent original and restored.
Trunk: Should be body color, not spatter painted. Everything present and in excellent condition.

While trying to come up with some sort of value for the car. I have my own thoughts concerning this car. Personally, I like the thought of having the only 1of 1 car, even if it is basic Hemi Coronet with hubcaps, bench seat and column shift. From the serious side … I should look at collectable value only.... using Condition, Originality and Rarity ect.... and of course... the “Supply and Demand” rule. While I know the supply … I do not know the true demand.... ?
Realizing most likely to have wide range of views. It thought it would be interesting to hear from as many as possible, for some incite and thoughts from this Coronet Community.
I look forward to a fun discussion.
All views are appreciated.

Thank You

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Purge Spammer

So I assume you have bought this car, man it is definitely a sleeper,leave it as is,I love it!!!
66 Coronet 500 convertible 440,727,2500 stall,was 430 hp, we ain't got a clue now, just get in and enjoy the rumble
Reply Purge Spammer

Thanks Honcho ... Yes , I like the sleeper look with full hub caps.
Reply Purge Spammer

It almost looks like a WO23 car, neat piece you got! Did you get the certicard too? WOW, I would mind seeing a pic of the fender tag? Oh, I couldn't tell, did it come with a radio?
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

Racer Brown Wrote:It almost looks like a WO23 car, neat piece you got! Did you get the certicard too? WOW, I would mind seeing a pic of the fender tag? Oh, I couldn't tell, did it come with a radio?

Trust me... it's WH23J .... I am not at my notes right now ... so might be off on exact quote ... Another one of Galen's comment's: was that all WO23 S/S cars had black interior. This being the only red interior Hemi Coronet 440 2 Door Hardtop . Not that the red interior is so key, but; found it interesting he would compare to the WO23 cars.

Radio delete.

You can PM for reason I do not share picture of fender tag.. Thank's
Reply Purge Spammer

As far as pricing, I think it's hard to do with a car like this. Because it's so rare, and so unique, you can't compare it to what others may sell for. A 69 equipped similarly and in similar condition will definetely get a higher dollar amount, as will a 67 WS23/WO23 car.

Not asking for dollar amount, but have you ever had the car appraised and can that be used for a baseline?
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

67440Dodge Wrote:As far as pricing, I think it's hard to do with a car like this. Because it's so rare, and so unique, you can't compare it to what others may sell for. A 69 equipped similarly and in similar condition will definitly get a higher dollar amount, as will a 67 WS23/WO23 car.

Not asking for dollar amount, but have you ever had the car appraised and can that be used for a baseline?

I generally have been comparing this only to 1967 model year. However; your correct to compare all years with in reason. Why do you say a 69 will definitely bring more ? I can learn something here.

I do like the trim level better on the RT's. With that said... there are 283 of them .... not counting the 4 convertibles. There is 1 67 Coronet 500 HT Hemi to compare with. Yet .. no recent data on sale. The 55 Super Stock WO23 cars are in the mix for sure ... still trying to get better grasp on how I feel about those. Don't get me wrong... I love all of them for different reasons. In my very early days ... I dreamed and thought Drag Racing 24/7 ... LOL So you would think I would prefer the WO23 cars. Now I prefer a street / hot rod instead. We all have our preference for 1 car over another.

Some cars ... you could come somewhat close to figuring a dollar amount. Sometimes not so easy. let's say somebody comes along and offers you a figure for your prized car. If it was way to low amount ... would be easy for you to decline. Then he says.. "What would you take?" I am sure you could come up with a high enough figure sure to be happy with.... knowing your easily over the true market value. I am sure many can put a dollar amount close on their own car and many others. I find the rarer the car ... the more difficult to determine. This is why checking here for more open view from Coronet site.

Not a recent of appraisal.
Reply Purge Spammer

I remember when you chimed in after your friend passed away, how is his wife doing? Hope all is well.

68 through 70 b-bodies have always been more popular and hence have more value. But 1 of 1 is still 1 of 1.

It's going to be extremely difficult to put a price or even determine a value. Can anyone remember what the bidding went to on the 66 Coronet vert Hemi that was ultra low mileage? That's probably the closest example. I know it didn't sell. Which brings up the big question. Do you want to sell it, or keep it. Meaning if you want to sell it, then you have to accept the highest offer after you put in a certain amount of effort into marketing it that you are comfortable with....Or you could shoot for the moon and keep it until you get what you want.

I wish I had some free capital.

Wish you the best.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

Rich pretty much nailed it in regards to the years being more popular and having more value and the selling price vs time thing.

And you know how you can free up some capital Rich... Smile
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

67440Dodge Wrote:Rich pretty much nailed it in regards to the years being more popular and having more value and the selling price vs time thing.

And you know how you can free up some capital Rich... Smile

I'll need a lot more than one, besides, that one keeps me rounded, otherwise I'd only have 67s
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hemi build 65rbdodge 17 59 10-06-23, 08:00 AM
Last Post: 65rbdodge
  1967 Coronet Hemi Value strangleholdracn 7 1,573 04-02-22, 08:03 PM
Last Post: thebankerstoy
  J Leno rolls over Hemi under glass crlush 3 4,437 05-21-16, 10:10 AM
Last Post: R/T XTC
  Quick story about HEMI'S Warhawkfight34 18 8,951 02-17-16, 08:41 PM
Last Post: 1969 Hemi RTs
  1966 Hemi Coronet Survivor mozz at rpm 17 8,966 01-02-16, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Irores
  Hard life Hemi 67r/t4speeder 4 4,295 04-20-15, 06:50 PM
Last Post: ws27
  doing a new 5.7 hemi swap and have all my old 273 stuff to get rid of.... uncledon 1 2,530 11-22-14, 12:23 AM
Last Post: ws27
  Really Cool Article about the 426 Hemi.. Jeff Bailey 1 2,447 06-24-14, 09:23 PM
Last Post: 4264door
  Hemi Hideout -more pics honcho 7 4,965 05-06-14, 02:30 PM
Last Post: jfreakofkorn
  Hemi Hideout - part 3 honcho 5 4,121 05-03-14, 12:15 AM
Last Post: honcho