Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's have some fun!
Both the washer bottle and wiper motor are original to the car,as is the air cleaner;build date is June 26th 1967;there is one more incorrect item though.....
Reply Purge Spammer

Now how are we gonna pick on something that nice.ha,ha...gorgeous motor.Wow..Radiator.?.God Bless..Barry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]67 Coronet 440.. 225cid. 3 Speed column shift..!!.Confused
Reply Purge Spammer

Wow - pretty engine bay, probably nicer than when new.
Reply Purge Spammer

Question - the wire for the washer pump - Should it follow along the engine wire harness (right VC) go down behind the alt and over to the pump or should it go across the firewall to the right inner fender and follow along the washer hose to the pump?
Reply Purge Spammer

Lack of paint on engine oil dip stick tube???????????
If your friend Jack helped you off a horse....... Would you help your friend Jack off a horse?
Reply Purge Spammer

Nope,I'll help you guys out and tell you its on the engine itself(but may be hard to see in these pics);everything on the firewall has never been touched,with the exception of the added wire for the electronic ignition(including the paint) and the paint on the inner fenders from the shock towers down is still original(if you look under the master cylinder you can see some thin paint/light rust; the engine has never been out of this car
Reply Purge Spammer

theman440 Wrote:Wow - pretty engine bay, probably nicer than when new.
X2
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

Drag-Net Wrote:Lack of paint on engine oil dip stick tube???????????
Yea, I've always wondered about that, I never painted mine, Seems to me like I talked to Roger Gibson at one point and he said, "they were installed later after the motor was in, but I still don't really know.
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

"the engine has never been out of this car" - did you paint the engine in the car?
Reply Purge Spammer

Roger is correct,the dipstick tube itself should be bare and the dipstick handle is painted engine color;supposedly the dipstick was laid in the intake valley when these engines were painted; and yes I did paint some of the block in the car,the removeable pieces like the intake,valve covers,etc. were all done when I replaced all the gaskets but that was back in 1997; it only has 50000 miles on it so when I freshened it up I had a pretty clean unmolested engine bay to start with(it still had the original points in it in 1996 at 45000 miles). I would have liked to leave it alone as a survivor but it had a lot of rusty bare metal on the valve covers and one thing led to another,but I left as much alone as I could.
Reply Purge Spammer