Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standard VS. Automatic
Back in my youger days I rode in a couple cars that had them , but never owned one . I remember they were fun . I sure havnt ruled one out , just checkin all my options . I,ve been a chevy guy most my life and standard trans were easy to come by . I,m finding it alot different with chrysler parts . I always wanted a 67 . Now that I got one I want it to be rite on the money if ya know what I mean . But yea I,d use a shift kit . Thanks . BooBoo
Reply Purge Spammer

They are starting to repop some of the parts (linkages, pedal assy's, etc) now. Brewers sells a complete kit now to do it..
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

67440Dodge Wrote:They are starting to repop some of the parts (linkages, pedal assy's, etc) now. Brewers sells a complete kit now to do it..
You know what I like!!Banging Gears
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

Holeshot anyone? you know what I vote for

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Purge Spammer

I bought my Super Bee new. With the stock tires, it sure did bark the tires in second gear, and I did not have to get on it real hard. I put on better tires when it was three weeks old. It broke loose when I dropped back into "passing" (second) gear on the Interstate at about 50mph, it was spooky. Back in the '60's drag race days, I think that the cars with 727s, after some experimenting, would beat the 4 speeds, they were all COOL!
Reply Purge Spammer

R/T XTC Wrote:Holeshot anyone? you know what I vote for
I noticed your tach.looking to mount one in my bee.how did you mount it to the column?trying to figure out something that looks ok and doesn't tear up the column.yours looks good from pic.
Reply Purge Spammer

383bee, in the past I have used and seen used regular screw clamps to hold down the tachometer to the steering column, but....the inside of the screw clamp ring had that felt material people use to isolate glass or pottery items from scratching the wooden tables they were displayed on....know what I mean? It is a felt product with a glue on backing. I have also seen these clamps isolated with white medical tape and that stuff is really sticky but durable. The redneck way would be to stick some black electricians tape inside the clamp ring but that looks ugly. The whole idea being trying to save the paint on the steering column from scraping away, which is REALLY butt fugly! Just a thought, hope it helps some?
Reply Purge Spammer

yeah that does help.i really want to put a good tic toc tach in but my clock has been rebuilt and keeps perfect time so i really dont want to spend 3 or 400 just to get a tach.thinking about a smaller one on the column.i'll figure out something to isolate it.
Reply Purge Spammer

383bee Wrote:I noticed your tach.looking to mount one in my bee.how did you mount it to the column?trying to figure out something that looks ok and doesn't tear up the column.yours looks good from pic.

The Tic tok tach is so inaccurate, now they rebuild and re produce them I should look into them, I mounted the SUN tach to the column with two black ZIP TIES( Quick and easy)
Reply Purge Spammer

A dryer vent clamp from Homeless Despot did the trick for me..
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dodge 727 automatic conversion to a833 4 speed Lipers1 9 6,339 08-04-15, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Warhawkfight34