Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washer Bottle question
Dear Folks Who Know All About These Fascinating Cars,

As you'll see in the pix below my washer bottle is tired and cracked. Works fine as long as I don't fill it. Question, the one I found in the link below says for "A-Body" but the model # is the same. Assume it's the same but can anyone confirm?

Also, anyone ordered from R/T Specialties? Good/bad experience? Thank you for any thoughts.

http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail....od=2497502

7181]7182]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Purge Spammer

Hello Bill,

In 1965 the windshield washer reservoirs are the same for the 1965 (and 1966) Plymouth Valiant and Barracuda and Dodge Dart A-Body models as well as for the 1965 (not 1966) Plymouth Belvedere and Dodge Coronet B-Body models.

Your original reservoir shown above on your Coronet is the correct factory installed part number 2497 502 as shown in the 1965 Factory Parts Book in the Accessories section number 1-82-4 on page 1-15, so the aftermarket replacement reservoir that you purchase should have the same part number and design as your original so that it will be a simple bolt in replacement.

Regarding R/T Specialties, I can only speak for myself, but I've been dealing with Tom Race who is the owner of R/T Specialties for many years since his business was located here in Arizona and after when he moved it to it's present location, so I would have absolutely no reservations referring you to him, but I have seen others on this website who will disagree, so you may want to call him , talk with him and make your own decision on doing business with him.

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

Hello again Bill,

If you'd like to purchase an n.o.s. replacement reservoir, below is some information and a couple of links to a company that I've also done business with many times over the years as well called Brad's NOS Parts. The n.o.s. unit will cost more than a reproduction replacement, but with your Coronet being as clean as it is, you might want to consider this option.

Richard

Brad's NOS Parts Home page link: http://www.bradsnosmopar.com/

Brad's NOS Parts reservoir page link: http://www.bradsnosmopar.com/nosmop19winw.html

[Image: nos-mopar-parts_2272_1933620]

[Image: nos-mopar-parts_2272_23563155]

[Image: nos-mopar-parts_2272_23577690]

NOS Windshield Washer Reservoir Reference part # 2497502.
[Image: pp4.JPG] [Image: pp4a.JPG]
WHICH CARS DOES IT FIT? [SIZE=1][EMAIL="nosbill@starband.net"]
[/EMAIL]
Fits on all 1965-1966 Plymouth Valiant, Barracuda, Cuda and Dodge Dart Models
ALSO
1965 Only: Belevedere, Belvedere II, Satellite & Dodge Coronet, Coronet 500 models.

NOTICE:
All items are sold with the assumption that the buyer has access to sufficient knowledge to install the parts correctly or has access to a professional mechanic. If you have a question about this or other parts, e-mail me and one of our parts technicians
[/SIZE]
Reply Purge Spammer

Whoa, very cool. Thank you Richard. I agree, worth the extra money.

Bill

QUOTE=thebankerstoy;28298]Hello again Bill,

If you'd like to purchase an n.o.s. replacement reservoir, below is some information and a couple of links to a company that I've also done business with many times over the years as well called Brad's NOS Parts. The n.o.s. unit will cost more than a reproduction replacement, but with your Coronet being as clean as it is, you might want to consider this option.

Richard

Brad's NOS Parts Home page link: http://www.bradsnosmopar.com/

Brad's NOS Parts reservoir page link: http://www.bradsnosmopar.com/nosmop19winw.html

[Image: nos-mopar-parts_2272_1933620]

[Image: nos-mopar-parts_2272_23563155]

[Image: nos-mopar-parts_2272_23577690]

NOS Windshield Washer Reservoir Reference part # 2497502.
[Image: pp4.JPG] [Image: pp4a.JPG]
WHICH CARS DOES IT FIT? [SIZE=1][EMAIL="nosbill@starband.net"]
[/EMAIL]
Fits on all 1965-1966 Plymouth Valiant, Barracuda, Cuda and Dodge Dart Models
ALSO
1965 Only: Belevedere, Belvedere II, Satellite & Dodge Coronet, Coronet 500 models.

NOTICE:
All items are sold with the assumption that the buyer has access to sufficient knowledge to install the parts correctly or has access to a professional mechanic. If you have a question about this or other parts, e-mail me and one of our parts technicians
[/SIZE]
[/QUOTE]
Reply Purge Spammer

I absolutely love your Coronet Bill, so nothing but the best for you and the car my friend!

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

Look what just arrived! And, 2 screws, I think I can handle that....

7290]

thebankerstoy Wrote:I absolutely love your Coronet Bill, so nothing but the best for you and the car my friend!

Richard

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Purge Spammer

Hello Bill,

Did you end up purchasing the washer reservoir from Brads NOS Parts?

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

Richard,

I did. Thank you for pointing me there.

Bill

thebankerstoy Wrote:Hello Bill,

Did you end up purchasing the washer reservoir from Brads NOS Parts?

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

Nice
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

Very cool Bill. I've always found the folks at Brad's NOS Parts to be very helpful, knowledgeable and fantastic to deal with. Hopefully you did as well.

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  69 convertible 500 rocker panel question 31ctg 8 29,362 11-23-19, 06:25 AM
Last Post: MarkMopar
  Disc brake question for my 67 Piper 36 30,564 04-27-19, 08:22 PM
Last Post: markz
  Old question with a twist sirjustice 2 15,075 12-13-17, 01:04 AM
Last Post: thebankerstoy
  Noob on teh lookout with a question: Engine color Dingusboy 4 3,494 08-24-17, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dingusboy
  washer switch removal on 67 BooBoo 1 2,494 04-27-17, 06:26 PM
Last Post: ws27
  Question regarding Coker tire and the BF redline radials 67RTBlue 3 4,174 11-23-16, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Racer Brown
  Tough question hopefully someone can answer! Warhawkfight34 3 3,257 02-23-16, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Warhawkfight34
  Trunk Spatter Question OldSkool 8 4,843 10-17-15, 07:51 PM
Last Post: dartforforty
  Washer bottle installed OldSkool 6 3,405 10-17-15, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Racer Brown
  Dodge Challenger Question Histoy 3 3,387 08-04-15, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Histoy