Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
70 R/T wheels
loving the car. was not a bad resto when i got it. drove it from Arkansas to LA, engine looked great but didn't perform. tried everything to get it running right, gave up, pulled the engine apart, found a few important little items missing. goes like the robbers dog now. still thinking of converting it back to points an take electronic ignition out . I have original distributor now rebuilt ready to go.
The woodgrain wheel was put on by previous owner and so I'm looking for a burnt orange vynal one to take its place.
Sold the rallye's so steelies only feet she got now.
I didn't know the LA plant didn't put build sheets in. Thanks for that piece of info, I still learning.
Like to see pics of your car.
Reply Purge Spammer

rocketsama Wrote:The woodgrain wheel was put on by previous owner and so I'm looking for a burnt orange vynal one to take its place.
Which steering wheel you referring to, as two have interior color "vinyl": The standard 3-spoke with horn ring? Or 2-spoke rimblow? Without a broadcast sheet, it'd be hard to know what it came with originally. **EDIT**ok, I just saw your other thread, you want a 3-spoke.

rocketsama Wrote:but it confused me when his sheet says "14x6 stamped steel- painted w/hubcaps. So then I guess the "magnum" is painted black, and the "w/hubcaps" could refer to the small centre caps
Back to wheels,
>"STD" is 14" painted rims which you still see the color with a fratzog dog dish.
>W11/W13/W15 rim is always painted black because you do not see the rim, the "cover" covers the entire rim.
>W21-argent-rallye/W23-chrome-magnum is usually listed on a BS as black (but not for paint color) and that could be because: they needed a default fill-in for the BS and TX9 is a "safe" color, and/or it was convenient since the back of rallyes and between the chrome "spokes" of magnums (to achieve the magnesium racing wheel look) were always painted black, but most likely because the W21/W23 spare was a black steelie.
>The 15x7 450 wheel, which does not have a "W" code or listed as an option, is listed however in the parts book for Coronets. It may be something similar to Ebodies where 15x7s were on Hemi's and maybe you could specify a painted steelie instead of rallye, I'm not sure on this one.
Reply Purge Spammer

nice day two pic in your file (sweet color)
Reply Purge Spammer

Looks like a California license plate in the old pic
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Torque Thrust D Wheels Hibbing_Coronet_500 11 7,029 04-03-17, 12:10 AM
Last Post: 67RTBlue
  Torque Thrust D Wheels with pie crust cheaters. Hibbing_Coronet_500 0 2,398 12-17-14, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Hibbing_Coronet_500
  Wheels/Tires thread Lets discuss: Period Correct, Retro, All original, Pro Touring, etc... uncledon 7 5,083 05-27-14, 10:03 AM
Last Post: uncledon
  H code hemi wheels Rayh1967 10 7,647 03-27-14, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Racer Brown
  MAGNUM 500 WHEELS harold prentice 0 2,650 10-15-13, 09:30 PM
Last Post: harold prentice
  Wheel and tire fitment question for 17x9 wheels on a 65 craig440 0 2,696 04-04-13, 12:41 PM
Last Post: craig440