Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiring... let me pull my hair out ARGH!
ws27 Wrote:Rofldrunk LOL have some more cool aid.Rofl

You just undid 2 hours of pumping up my motivation! lol

crud...now I do need a Beer! Beer!Beer!Beer!Beer!Beer!

Hope you realize I'm actually kidding. LOL
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

First thing to cvheck is the bulk head connector. Second things is check for a parasitic draw. Third check grounds under dash. Amp Meter is notorius time bomb.

Piper Wrote:Challenge; Accepted.

LOL I know that feeling- and I concur, a Beer would put a Smile on your face!
Reply Purge Spammer

I ripped all the wiring out...going with an M&H harness from Year One so basically starting fresh

Piper Wrote:I ripped all the wiring out...going with an M&H harness from Year One so basically starting fresh

A good choice Kevin, but just make sure that you get ALL of the wiring harnesses you need to do the complete car, especially regarding the dash harness, as there are several sub wiring harnesses that plug into the main harness and those smaller sub harnesses are almost never included with the main harness. You can also order a custom engine harness that will allow you to run an aftermarket electronic ignition set-up, so there are several things to figure out before you place the order. Wink

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

guys i also have a question has any of you installed the painless wire kit that they sell on jegs.com for our coronets it cost like 500 bucks sometimes i think i may want that because u know its def going to work any of u guys ever installed one?
Reply Purge Spammer

Manny951 Wrote:guys i also have a question has any of you installed the painless wire kit that they sell on jegs.com for our coronets it cost like 500 bucks sometimes i think i may want that because u know its def going to work any of u guys ever installed one?
I can't remember who, but I think someone here did!
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

I did a extensive re-wire on my 67 this past winter. I made my own harness. Being my car is not a 100 point show car!
I wanted the safety and security of modern voltage regulator, altenator, and ignition.
Without a schematic it's hard to figure out what's what!
I found working on one circuit at a time. Test. And move to the next.
Patents is key!
Reply Purge Spammer

Bad ammeter? Those things are known to, well, catch fire and melt?
1966 Dodge Coronet, yes, its a poly
1998 Grand Prix GTP (I-10 in Houston got that one)
1973 El Camino Ss (sold to an irresponsible IL unibody owner)
1987 Cougar XR-7 20th ed (I was in high school, need I say more)beat dead horse
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wiring harness help 67-500 4 3,505 06-27-18, 10:51 PM
Last Post: 67-500