Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windshield Glass?
I know the windshield on the Coronet convertible and the Barracuda are PPG. I believe the windshield on the Coronet hardtop is also PPG. I had used the same glass shop on all the cars for many years and they had no trouble getting the new windshields within 2 or 3 days. The shop I eventually took the hardtop to, for solving my leak issues, didn't replace any glass. I wish now I had gone to them in the first place and had them supply the windshield (would have been cheaper and would have been painless). It was Virginia Auto Glass in Dulles, Virginia (Its right behind Washington DC's Dulles Airport).
Keep in mind that some shops won't touch the glass unless they sell it to you because they don't want the responsibility if they break someone elses glass.
The original glass shop did indicate that the windshield on both my 67 hardtop and my 67 convertible were a p.i.t.a. to install. He had a hard time getting the new windshield gasket to fit right and stay in place. Of course I found out when I went to Virginia Auto Glass, the the original installer didn't really know what he was doing.
Reply Purge Spammer

I don't know if they went to another vendor in the 70's, but all mopar glass I have seen was PPG.
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

It sounds like rubber gaskets on windshields is going the way of points and condensors.. Yea.. you can buy em.. but finding a "professional" to install em correctly is gonna be a bitch..
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

67440Dodge Wrote:It sounds like rubber gaskets on windshields is going the way of points and condensors.. Yea.. you can buy em.. but finding a "professional" to install em correctly is gonna be a bitch..
Funny, because it's really not that hard to do.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

I know.. some fishing line or nylon string is all you need (and some patience)

(note to self.. never ever put the back window and gasket in the slot and get out of the car. You will forget the window is just resting there and slam door shut).
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for a windshield gasket for my 53 convertible scotthansen 4 3,363 08-24-17, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ws27
  windshield advice Robb 6 4,335 07-09-17, 09:48 AM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  J Leno rolls over Hemi under glass crlush 3 4,437 05-21-16, 10:10 AM
Last Post: R/T XTC
  Anybody live near Minneapolis? Found Door, Qtr glass for our car there and would like it inspected. 67RTBlue 0 2,069 12-10-15, 06:35 PM
Last Post: 67RTBlue
  Windshield trim '67Coronet500 9 6,870 12-30-14, 12:33 AM
Last Post: thebankerstoy
  broken wing glass frames...help! pics inside.. uncledon 7 3,870 08-11-14, 10:20 AM
Last Post: uncledon
  Windshield Molding Clips stamm321 3 4,599 02-08-13, 11:25 AM
Last Post: stamm321