Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is This Really Happening?
Good news... Direct Connection is back!!!

Bad news... it's geared towards Hellcats/Redeyes/Demons. Majority of the catalog is geared towards modern muscle and not even 5.7/6.4L trucks are included. Us old farts are relegated to leaf springs, valves and chrome dress up stuff... they don't even offer factory grind cams any longer.. ok, they do include a RB dual plane intake with MOPAR instead of Edelbrock on the front (it looks like a Performer RPM from the pic).

They are shooting for the crowd that wants to hop up their already blazingly fast rides with more power and retain the warranty, or build a race car with a crate motor.

https://www.dodgegarage.com/direct-connection-catalog/
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

And then they announce that all modern Hemi's will be gone after the 2023 model year. Makes a lot of sense to me to bring back the Direct Connection program for a couple of years (NOT!)

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

Actually, it does make sense from a business standpoint.. There are tens of thousands of Chargers/Challengers/Durango's/Jeeps/TRX's with the Hellcat powertrain, and prob 20X more that can benefit from a crate motor swap. So they going after that market.. Our muscle cars are limited numbers and nice for advertising purposes, but that's it. And the chance of Dynacorn making a 67 Coronet R/T body are slim to none. And to be honest, MP hasn't made a part of their own for decades. Camshafts were just re-numbered Comp grinds, crate motors were done by Barton, and misc parts supplied by other mfgrs.

If there is any consolation, in 30yrs, the Hellcat/Demon section will be just 3 pages at the back of the catalog.. The front part will be all performance batteries and higher output electric motors...

https://moparconnectionmagazine.com/dodg...r-charger/
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

Going after Ford's performance program where you can buy a blower for a 5.0 Mustang or F150, have the dealer slap it on and get 700+hp out of it and keep factory warranty on both blower and drivetrain. For $50K you can have a decently equipped F150 that'll smoke a $90K TRX (before markup), but won't have the fancy KITT lights in the hood.

Stellantis says screw the regular Gen III owners, you gotta be privileged to own a Hellcat or above to improve performance.