Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodward week 2018
There we were enjoying the day full of music, food, cars & friends. It was about 4:00. We were under a tent about 100 feet away from the cars when we heard a crash. Then we heard people saying "OMG" did you see what that lady did to that purple Challenger!!! We ran to the cars to see a 66 mustang crashed into the front of John's car!! Apparently the lady claimed to have problems with her brakes. After she ran over a few road cones that were in the driveway she stopped the car and explained that she was having problems. Then she proceeded to floor her car and run into John's Challenger. There were hundreds of people in the area. I can't believe she didn't run anyone over. There were big cups in the car that had straws in them. The way they were acting I think they were drinking. When the police arrived we insisted that they do a breathalyzer on the driver. They wouldn't!! They said it was on private property so that couldn't do anything. She didn't even get a ticket!! The police report stated that she was at fault but no violation was issued. I watched one of the officers get in the car and hit the brakes. The pedal didn't sink. I'm sure it's possible the master cyl. is no good but if she didn't floor the car after it was stopped this wouldn't have happened. We were parked 150 feet off of Woodward. Who would have thought there could be a accident involving our cars! Then we waited 4 hours for a tow truck. No one showed up. They were busy since there were approx. 40,000 cars and 1.5 million people on Woodward.
John's car wasn't drivable because the fender was driven into the tire. I usually carry misc tools with me but today for some unknown reason I brought a prybar. I never bring a prybar anywhere. It's a good thing I brought it. We used it to pry the fender off of the tire then drove the car home. We couldn't wait all night for a tow truck.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Purge Spammer

Damnit man!!!! That really sucks. Plus is it’s just the fender. Plus theres parts galore (I think) for those cars. Nauseous just looking at that. Cars can be fixed people can’t. And ya I know that don’t help! Ha!
Reply Purge Spammer

It's a shame. That's one of the things I always worry about at car shows. At least parts are available.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

Bummer for sure, that could been allot worse like ran some little kid over because it looks crowded there.
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

Sorry to hear that Joe. I hope they do a good job matching the paint.
Reply Purge Spammer

It looks like it will need a fender and a side marker light assembly. The fender was pushed into the door. The front of the door was damaged. I'm sure the whole side will need to be repainted. The painter that has the car does a great job matching paint. This is the second accident for this car. The first time was a family member drove a F350 into the garage. That caused John's upright compressor to land on the trunk and quarter panel. That drove th quarter into the door and that into the fender then the hood. That was a total repaint. After looking back on the accident last weekend we were so lucky that no one was injured. There was hundreds of people in the area at the time.
Reply Purge Spammer

OUCH!!
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What I did to my Coronet this week 67440Dodge 15 2,727 04-07-22, 06:55 PM
Last Post: thebankerstoy
  What did you do to your Coronet this Week ....??? jfreakofkorn 2,366 677,507 01-23-21, 06:30 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  APRIL 18, 2018...... bike_guy123 3 2,930 04-19-18, 04:03 PM
Last Post: 65rbdodge
  Non Coronet Related-My Autorama Detroit 2018 Cars 67RTBlue 5 3,428 03-22-18, 04:54 PM
Last Post: markz
  Woodward RoadKill nights Joe mama 2 2,956 08-12-17, 11:14 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  Cruisin Hines. Better than Woodward. Copper67440 0 2,826 08-20-13, 02:30 AM
Last Post: Copper67440