Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
keeping it "stock"?
Question. I am wanting to keep my net as stock/original as possible. That being said. The front seat is shot and will have to be completely rebuilt. My buddy I bought the net from knows a guy who has a front seat from a 66 two door and is looking to sell it for 100 bucks. Would found this decrease the value and hurt it if entered into shows? I think I already know the answer but wanted to confirm.
67 440 4 Door Coronet with a 318 polyblock.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply Purge Spammer

negative
66 Coronet 500 convertible 440,727,2500 stall,was 430 hp, we ain't got a clue now, just get in and enjoy the rumble
Reply Purge Spammer

So it won't hurt the value?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply Purge Spammer

As long as you repaired the frame works and reupholstered the seat in the original design, I don't believe you would have any trouble at car shows. In fact the rear seat back of my R/T was run over and crushed. I couldn't find a replacement, so I had to straighten the crushed one and welded it back together. Of course I had to reuphoster it as well. I've entered my car in many shows and no one has deducted points, if they even noticed.
As for value in keeping it original, by most standards, this applies to the motor, trany and rear end being original number matching to that car. I don't believe, any one correct me if I'm wrong, that any other parts, except the radiator support and the trunk lid, are number stamped to match any particular car.
Now that being said, to keep it original you would want, for example, to replace any parts, such as a radio, with the correct part for that year and model. After all, parts do wear out and need replacement.
One more thing, if you are refurring to a Survivor car, thats a car that hasn't had anything replaced.
If thats the case and thats what you want to own, don't replace or even repair the seat or any thing else for that matter.
I personnaly would not what to own a survivor car. What if a tire goes flat? How would I ever replace the original air? lol
Reply Purge Spammer

Depending on what is broken on your seat, you might be able to combine parts from both seats and repair yours so you can have the 4 door seat again.

As for losing value? It won't hurt it one bit. 99.5% of the people who look at the car won't notice it. The other .5% will because they read it here Smile
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

No its not a survivor car. But the two door seats fold down.. so I just want to make sure it wouldn't keep it from being considered stock.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply Purge Spammer

OK cool. The reason I'm thinking of going this route is I know the original seat is going to cost at least 500 to repair. When I say its shot I mean its SHOT.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply Purge Spammer

Replace the seat as soon as you can and enjoy the ride!!!!
Reply Purge Spammer

Enjoy your car the way you want, it is yours after all. The fold down seat might be worth more as it is because it came from a 2 dr post car. At least I think that is the only place they were found. If you were near by, I'd give you a seat. But it's not worth the shipping.

Now for the hard part...

DISCLAIMER: no offense intended what so ever. That means you!!! Remember, I mean no offense.

Four doors are really not worth much more than what ever you paid for it. Don't get me wrong, I love them too. And I have two. One I even bought to keep someone from parting out, and I will restore it someday (really!)

There really isn't anything you can do short of running it over with a D-9 that will lower it's value. And even if it did, it is yours to do as you'd like. So on that note, answer only to yourself on how to fix/modify.

Have fun!
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

70rtvert Wrote:if you are refurring to a Survivor car, thats a car that hasn't had anything replaced.
If thats the case and thats what you want to own, don't replace or even repair the seat or any thing else for that matter.
I personnaly would not what to own a survivor car. What if a tire goes flat? How would I ever replace the original air? lol

And what about the gas? once its empty.. then what?? Smile
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone have a stock-looking aftermarket radio installed in 67 dash? mykenytemare 4 3,534 09-05-14, 10:32 PM
Last Post: 4264door
  Will my rebuilt 440 fit with my stock 67 RT hood? my67RT 7 6,231 01-20-14, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sedanman67