Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
440 six pack distributer?
Does anyone know if the 69 1/2 used a dual point distributer? If so what kind? And does anyone know where I can find one without paying Tony's parts an absorbent amount of money for one that has to be totally restored?

Thanks,
J
Reply Purge Spammer

The 69 1/2 6 pack came with a Prestolite dual point. Not sure where you can find one.
Reply Purge Spammer

Thank you sir!
Reply Purge Spammer

Factory part numbers for the Prestolite duel point distributors for the 440 Six Pack cars are as follows.

Part number: 2875 981
1969 Factory Parts Book section number: 8-27-1
1969 Factory Parts Book distributor illustration page number: 8-4 (shows an exploded diagram of the Prestolite distributor and all of it's related parts)
Description: distributor assembly, 440 engine with 3 2 barrel carbs, double breaker points
Transmission type: MANUAL transmission
Applications: R-M (Plymouth), W-M (Dodge), 2 door and 2 door hardtop Six Pack powered B-Body models

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Part number: 2875 982
1969 Factory Parts Book section number: 8-27-1
1969 Factory Parts Book distributor illustration page number: 8-4 (shows an exploded diagram of the Prestolite distributor and all of it's related parts)
Description: distributor assembly, 440 engine with 3 2 barrel carbs, double breaker points
Transmission type: AUTOMATIC transmission
Applications: R-M (Plymouth), W-M (Dodge), 2 door and 2 door hardtop Six Pack powered B-Body models

Hopefully this information will help you in your search.

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

Richard, you da man!
Castles made of sand slip in to the sea....eventually
Reply Purge Spammer

Awesome info thanks again.
Reply Purge Spammer

You're very welcome!

I wish that I could have posted the exploded diagram of the Prestolite distributor for you here from the 1969 Factory Parts Book, but due to the possible copyright infringements I'm unable to. I will mention again though, that having a copy of the Factory Service Manual and a copy of the Factory Parts Book for the Mopars that anyone owns will answer almost all of the questions that I see here on the DCR! Anyone can purchase a copy of the Factory Service Manual for most Mopars in a CD format for around $30.00 or so per model year and while a copy of the Factory Parts Book will be more expensive due to it's size and number of pages in a printed book format for each model year, there are places online that offer free downloads of many different model years of the Factory Parts Books, so the information is out there if folks are willing to do a little searching.

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

I have the factory service manual for 1969 coronet. But I did not see it in there at all!
Reply Purge Spammer

The exploded diagram of the Prestolite distributor is located in the 1969 Factory Parts Book as well as all of the part number information that I posted above for you. The Factory Service Manual should give you tips on how to service and set up the distributor once you locate one. There may also be a separate supplemental service manual that covers all of the special parts that were only used on the Six Pack models, but I'd have to look into that.

By the way, no matter how hard you try, you will NEVER get any information out of me concerning the fact that you can get a free download of the complete 1969 Factory Parts Book, as well as MANY other model year parts books on the MyMopar.com website in their "Tools & Reference" section! Also please don't expect me to give you the page link to that section where all of the free downloads are for all of the various model year Factory Parts Books ok?

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=107

Ok, so I broke under pressure, but just don't tell Mike and Kevin that I gave you this information ok? Nobody's going to see this except you and me right? Rofl

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

Where would we all be without Richard???? Wealth of knowledge and has helped me out many times,thanks again man,and you are not allowed to leave this website!! Todd
66 Coronet 500 convertible 440,727,2500 stall,was 430 hp, we ain't got a clue now, just get in and enjoy the rumble
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1969 Coronet A39 Super Bee Scat Pack Spring Special option code 1958300 1 9 08-23-24, 09:20 AM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  Full review of shakerhood.com 1969 1/2 six pack base plate coming soon. Warhawkfight34 5 3,898 05-02-17, 10:01 PM
Last Post: Piper
  does a 1969 a12 (440 six pack) car have a fan clutch? Warhawkfight34 12 7,796 06-26-14, 02:38 PM
Last Post: ws27
  Six pack is here Warhawkfight34 7 5,384 04-28-14, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Warhawkfight34