Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quanta junk parts
The new lock rings and seals on the quanta fuel sending units F'ing blow
does anyone sell something that seals better, this is the second one I have the pisses f'ing fuel all over the place no matter how tight you get the lock ring
[h=1][/h]

Can you modify it Kevin? Sometimes all you have to do is bend the tabs on the tank in and or cup the ring. Are you doing this in the car?
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

first had it set up, and as tight as it could go outside of the car (new tank) I was trying to get in there and stop the hemorrhaging after fill up (had this issue with another car years ago, same thing repo parts)

I am condisering trying the factory lock ring to see if it fixes the issue

Piper Wrote:first had it set up, and as tight as it could go outside of the car (new tank) I was trying to get in there and stop the hemorrhaging after fill up (had this issue with another car years ago, same thing repo parts)

I am condisering trying the factory lock ring to see if it fixes the issue

Hello Piper,

I have a reproduction aftermarket fuel tank in my 1966 Coronet 500 and just recently I removed the tank to clean it and replace all of the rubber filler tube and vent tube hoses, as well as install a new 3/8" sending unit into my tank. I received a new rubber gasket and metal lock ring with my new sending unit, but like you, I noticed that this new lock ring looked slightly different than the oem lock ring that I had reused when I installed the reproduction tank awhile back. When I tried to tighten this new aftermarket lock ring onto my fuel tank outside of the car by using the lock ring wrench that I had purchased from Vans Auto, the lock ring wrench would not fit onto the new aftermarket lock ring, but when I tried the tool on my oem lock ring, it fit perfectly, so the pos aftermarket lock ring went into my extra parts bin and the oem lock ring went back onto the fuel tank. The oem lock ring also fit perfectly onto the aftermarket tank and I've had no leaking issues. My recommendation would be to use the oem metal lock ring on your fuel tank and use the new aftermarket lock ring as a paperweight! By the way, I had no issues with the new aftermarket rubber gasket.

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLASSIC INDUSTRIES-I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT-new 67 parts! 67-500 15 8,788 12-14-16, 10:39 AM
Last Post: don99pablo
  Parts car theman440 0 2,513 04-11-16, 02:15 AM
Last Post: theman440
  Daytona Parts? OldSkool 2 2,993 12-07-14, 02:26 AM
Last Post: ws27