Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy drive..
Just bought 67 R/T Coronet and drove Sydney to Brisbane, Swapped drivers somewhere in between. Don't know where....Aussie is big...and hot.

Funny thing is I had no plates, it wasn't registered yet. But I had a 24hr permit to drive home.

But I lost my licence due to speeding(obviously lol), so flew my friend Margo down to Sydney with me, too drive the Dodge back.
She is normally good with big cars, but the R/T was a little to much, she had never driven LHD, and car was pulling to the center of road.
And not used to 500hp2967

So I said drive out of Sydney and I'll take over.
So drove the length of NSW with no licence and no plates on car, and crossed the state line in Gold Coast Queensland about 1am.

POS I felt like an old time Moonshiner haha....and got away with it.

But don't recommend/condone to our younger audience.Banging Gears

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Purge Spammer

Congrats on your purchase of a nice car. It sounds like you had an exciting trip home with it Smile
Reply Purge Spammer

That's sound vaguely familiar to an incident from my teenage years.... left-hand drive and all...lol. Except, I believe that a guy name Jack Daniels was the co-pilot....
1975 Coronet Brougham 360- 4 barrel, auto, 355 sure-grip. only 40,000 miles
check out my favorite event!! http://www.atlanticnationals.com/
Reply Purge Spammer

Well, you made it.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

sounds like fun!
Clean as a whistle 
Smelling like a rose
Reply Purge Spammer

Bloody good story mate!

I miss home so much..even more after seeing your Corrie on Aussie roads..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My Flickr gallery for my '67http://www.flickr.com/photos/19913797@N0...666472876/
Reply Purge Spammer

I got a mate back home, who has a 67 GTX Plymouth the same bronze as your awesome 500.
We call it "the Bro from a different Ho" its the same, but different....

We go to all the big hangout joints, and all the locals don't bat an eyelid to our two cars....

There all busy looking at Falcons and Toranas hahahaha....

I think photo is just before Gosford...pulled off Pacific Highway...Dodge was freaking Margo out hahaha....
Reply Purge Spammer

Great tale there ,sounds like a vanishing point story...... only a much better ending ! And I must add a beauty of a car to boot.
Reply Purge Spammer

Holy Crap!! you have an awesome R/T Convertible, just saw your album....I like that one.
Reply Purge Spammer

thank you Hemibro, I 've had it for a long time , when i found it i knew it was a keeper
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crazy Idea Hibbing_Coronet_500 13 6,987 11-21-13, 07:54 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder