Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rod Run to the End of the World
Hey Everyone, its Rod Run to the End of the World in Long Beach Wa, this weekend. If you never heard of it, its like the Woodward Ave, Hot August Nights of the Northwest.
We have a house on Pacific and 8th St. N, in front of the Fire Station and baseball field. Stop by and say hi, cars cars and more cars all weekend.
Candy Clark is going to be there with the American Graffiti cars too.
Reply Purge Spammer

Is that anywhere near the SIR race track area? I live in BC, just over the Peace Arch border crossing in White Rock, BC. Is that Pacific highway and 8th st. N??
Castles made of sand slip in to the sea....eventually
Reply Purge Spammer

No, its actually down by the Oregon border, on the coast, close to the mouth of the Columbia River, and the Astoria bridge, Illwaco is close by down the road, they have Slow Drags there on Friday night
Reply Purge Spammer

Is the Rod Run to the End of the World anywhere near the Restaurant at the End of the Universe?
Reply Purge Spammer

Jim 68cuda Wrote:Is the Rod Run to the End of the World anywhere near the Restaurant at the End of the Universe?

HMMM I think that would be a no
Reply Purge Spammer

I know that area too, sure does rain a bunch there, huh? There and Forks, Wa. I love Washington State and Oregon as well! I might be able to make it to the event if I get a couple things finished here that is.
Castles made of sand slip in to the sea....eventually
Reply Purge Spammer

Looks like weather might be an issue. Oregon and Washington are beautiful states to travel in. Have many friends running around every weekend somewhere in Oregon or Washington streetrod events ect. Weather has been great. September and even October can be a great months some years. We have a vacation rental in Lincoln City Oregon. Can be the best weather more than not. I have not been to Long Beach, Washington. Driving up the coast can be better this time of year. Most of the vacationers are slowing down coming to coast. Make the trip if you can. Please send pics of event.
Reply Purge Spammer

Great weekend, left Thurs, rained in the morning, but didn't rain at all on the way down, Thursday night, thundered but no rain, or not a lot.

Friday just cloudy, Sat not a cloud in the sky, Sunday was great too.

Wife ad I drove our cars, a friend trailered his Challenger, and his buddy met us there Thursday night. He has a survivor 67 Vette, 327, 350 hp, 4 speed, 76,000 mile car, sat in a garage since 82, didn't even check if the wipers worked before he left.

800 cars at the show, maybe 50 mopars, sweet orange 71 Demon from BC, few AAR Cudas, 78 Magnum, couple of 70 Bees, GTX's, 69 R/T, Darts, Cudas, some 30's and 40, s and 50's cars, the coolest car there though... a 33 Plymouth coupe with a Slant 6 set up in it.

pictures on my face book page, Steve brogren
Reply Purge Spammer

Sounds like a fun time Steve

What happened to the Challenger?
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

I have been up roofing house for the last 5 days in 80 plus degrees. Wishing I was playing with the cars. Pictures would be nice Smile ... then I can pretend I was there. Sounds like it was a nice event.
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World's Theme Song For 2020? thebankerstoy 9 13,559 03-22-22, 12:49 AM
Last Post: thebankerstoy
  Hellcat World Speed Record on ICE! TekHousE 0 2,350 03-23-16, 11:35 AM
Last Post: TekHousE