Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let the Painting Commence!
why am I not seeing these pics!!!!
66 Coronet 500 convertible 440,727,2500 stall,was 430 hp, we ain't got a clue now, just get in and enjoy the rumble
Reply Purge Spammer

honcho Wrote:why am I not seeing these pics!!!!

And I thought I was the only one...
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

Smile I didnt want to bomb the thread with every little piece.. but since you asked...

[Image: photo34_zps7040f12b.jpg]

[Image: photo36_zpsa777e6f1.jpg]

[Image: photo37_zpsfd545adb.jpg]

[Image: photo21_zpseb8c3f53.jpg]

[Image: photo25_zps27beeb42.jpg]

They are finishing all the clear coat this weekend and starting Monday will sand it down and put it all back together. Fun Stuff!
Reply Purge Spammer

[Image: DSC_4663_zps8590383e.jpg]

[Image: DSC_4665_zpsa5bdccd1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_4666_zps9c7d25da.jpg]

And my favorite one so far ---

[Image: DSC_4671_zps281439c0.jpg]
Reply Purge Spammer

It's a White Hat Special!
Reply Purge Spammer

What a pleasure seeing sheet metal the way it is supposed to look, minus waves, dents, scratches, rust, etc.!!!!!
Reply Purge Spammer

That Looks great. And no, don't worry, we'd love to see anything you'd like to post. Most of us are in awe/jealous (in a good way though) that you are actually getting the paint on your car. BTW, that painted white top is very cool. Was that how the came new? Keep up the incredible work.
Reply Purge Spammer

X2!!!!!!!!!!
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

ws27 Wrote:. BTW, that painted white top is very cool. Was that how the came new? Keep up the incredible work.

Thanks - Its really nice to see the old car get transformed into something shiny again. The shop has had it for nearly 6 months but they have really put a lot of work into it and been a pleasure to deal with. It is their first classic and they have really been impressive with their attention to detail. There has been a few times that i thought they were "done" with the bodywork on the car, only to come back the following week and find they are redoing an area because it wasn't quite perfect to them. of course, it looked great to me the first time. So far I have not seen any waves or missed areas.

the white top is not original to this car, and I am not sure if the factory had the option. I was forced to change my paint color after Richard posted some ridiculously nice photos of a blue/white 66. He cost me a lot of money.... Smile
Reply Purge Spammer

[quote=theman440]It's a White Hat Special![/Q
Jeff, the white hat special was an option package. I don't know the numbers on the build sheet, but I can give you an idea of what came on it. Some of these options may have varied on different models/body styles and location too. The white hat special had at least a vinyl top (not necessarily white) full vinyl seat covers, full horn ring (actually 64 Polara), fender mounted turn signal indicators, bumper guards, and maybe some other things I can't think of right now.
Reply Purge Spammer