Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'66/'67 Part Availablilty
I was driving the back streets of a small town yesterday with my daughter as she was practicing for her driving test and low and behold I found a '66/'67 (can't tell them apart at a glance yet) Coronet 440 in primer grey. At first glance it looked like most of the trim was still there and the interior looked complete. It had plates but I am not sure if it was on the road or not.

I know parts are hard to find so what are the hardest parts to find for these old cars? I am really tempted to stop and ask about it, once I build up my nerve (not the best of neighborhoods)..... What would a solid 440 be worth (not sure what is under the hood). I am thinking if I can get a solid mostly original car for less than $5k I am doing good. Am I off base?

Jim
Reply Purge Spammer

As far as price ranges go, it will be difficult to give you any help there until we know exactly what model year and options that the car has that you're looking at and to be honest, what one person thinks any given car is worth compared to another person is never the same, so you and your bank account will make the final decision.

Regarding difficult parts to find for the 66 and 67 Coronets, there are very few parts being reproduced for either model year as far as exterior sheet metal and exterior and interior trim mouldings. Most front grille and rear finish panels and tail lamp parts for both model years are not being reproduced and are very difficult to find in usable condition and can be very expensive to restore by outside sources. Most interior parts for both model years are being reproduced for both model years except for certain interior medallions, bucket and bench seat frames and seat springs and the 1966 only fiberglass two piece console body is not being reproduced. While clear and tinted windshield glass are available from many sources, none of the side window glass is being reproduced and I'm not sure if the rear window glass is being done or not. Most all of the weatherstripping for both model years is available. It would take to long to list everything that's difficult or easy to find, but I've given you a start and I'm sure that others will chime in as well.

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

thebankerstoy Wrote:As far as price ranges go, it will be difficult to give you any help there until we know exactly what model year and options that the car has that you're looking at and to be honest, what one person thinks any given car is worth compared to another person is never the same, so you and your bank account will make the final decision.

Regarding difficult parts to find for the 66 and 67 Coronets, there are very few parts being reproduced for either model year as far as exterior sheet metal and exterior and interior trim mouldings. Most front grille and rear finish panels and tail lamp parts for both model years are not being reproduced and are very difficult to find in usable condition and can be very expensive to restore by outside sources. Most interior parts for both model years are being reproduced for both model years except for certain interior medallions, bucket and bench seat frames and seat springs and the 1966 only fiberglass two piece console body is not being reproduced. While clear and tinted windshield glass are available from many sources, none of the side window glass is being reproduced and I'm not sure if the rear window glass is being done or not. Most all of the weatherstripping for both model years is available. It would take to long to list everything that's difficult or easy to find, but I've given you a start and I'm sure that others will chime in as well.

Richard

Thanks for taking the time. That helps.
Reply Purge Spammer

Jim I agree with Richard. Everything for these cars are harder to get, cost more, and the cars are worth less for equivalent models in the 68-70 range.

They're the bastard child of the Mopar family. LOL I think that's the very reason why I like them!
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

Well said Rich
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

It also seems that those of us who own 1966 and 1967 Dodge and or Plymouth B-Body cars truly love them and feel that they are absolutely worth all of the challenges there are to owning and maintaining one. It's either extreme loyalty to those cars, or a mental defect! Rofl

Seriously though Jim, if you do purchase this 66 or 67 Coronet, just make sure that all of the front grille and tail lamp and rear finish panel parts are in place and are in at least good driver quality condition. Also make absolutely sure that all of the sheet metal is in very good to excellent condition, or is easily repairable and that all of the exterior and interior trim parts are on the car and in at least good driver quality condition. Engines, transmissions, rear differentials and most all of the front and rear suspension parts are no problem, just all of the parts that I've listed above.

In my humble opinion, when it comes to purchasing a 1966 or 1967 B-Body car, it is MUCH wiser to spend more money up front to get a car in good condition than it is to purchase a basket case that needs a lot of work and parts.

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

x2!
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

Had a visitor and since we are talking 66-67's...
'66 is a factory air, power (appears factory) brake car

11143]11144]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Purge Spammer

Nice, the one I saw did not have the vertical divider in the grill so '67 I guess.
Reply Purge Spammer

They look great together Smile
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oops, I've done it again part ???....... ws27 33 27,541 06-13-19, 12:34 AM
Last Post: thebankerstoy
  Not a Coronet but Sweeet!! Part Deux 67440Dodge 13 7,611 02-02-17, 11:04 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  eBay part hunting= van cd45harris 12 6,432 10-12-15, 08:31 PM
Last Post: honcho
  Hemi Hideout - part 3 honcho 5 4,121 05-03-14, 12:15 AM