Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have a coolant problem
Long story and I'm going to make it short. I had a small crack in my water jacket and I listened to an old school guy. He told me to put bars leak in it and now this thing runs hot and spills out of the overflow tube. Will a radiator flush help? Do you think bars leak clogged the POS out of my engine?

Thanks,
Reply Purge Spammer

I don't like that stuff, you may have to find a short block.
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

Is coolant flowing? Upper radiator hose warm?

Could be thermostat stuck
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

I'm going to pull the thermostat and see if it is garbage. Hopefully that is it.
Reply Purge Spammer

I run about a half bottle of bars leaks in both old cars to keep things clean. It really helps prevent antifreeze from weeping out of gaskets during the long winter months.

Never had a problem.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

WinkNot a big fan of the bars leak,like any other additive,it's a band-aid
66 Coronet 500 convertible 440,727,2500 stall,was 430 hp, we ain't got a clue now, just get in and enjoy the rumble
Reply Purge Spammer

I think what has happened is last year I put it in and started having my problems after that. I'm going to change out my hoses, thermostat and heater core after I flush it out then put my 7 blade max cooling fan that I bought at Carlisle last year. Hopefully this will fix it.
Reply Purge Spammer

Get your radiator "rodded". The radiator shop will rwmove the tanks and run a tool theough the inside of each core tube to clean them out, reinstall the tanks and paint it black.
Reply Purge Spammer

BeerHey Warhawk,what size exhaust you running? I had all kinds of overheating issues till I went to a 3" exhaust, did all the things you are doing and still ran hot,no problems now
66 Coronet 500 convertible 440,727,2500 stall,was 430 hp, we ain't got a clue now, just get in and enjoy the rumble
Reply Purge Spammer

Also check the system operating pressure. Put radiator pressure tester on a cold system and start the car. If the pressure rapidly rises, you have combustion gases leaking into the cooling system.
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new problem that i found thanks God my car didn't burn up!! Warhawkfight34 6 4,694 07-23-14, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Drag-Net
  Gearbox Problem NZ 68 R/T 1 2,483 07-04-14, 08:41 PM
Last Post: ws27