Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deciding on 70 rt convertible
I am looking at getting a 70 convertible and was wandering how parts are to get trim chrome and body parts I did a 67 Cuda and some parts are hard to come by. Do not want same experience any help would be great
Reply Purge Spammer

70 convertible coronets are few and far between, so parts that are convertible only will be hard to find. I know a person that has 7 convertibles out of the total production of 1102 that includes the 1 hemi car. So They are pretty rare. Good luck!
Reply Purge Spammer

As stated, due to low overall production numbers, 68-70 B body convertible specific parts are not easy to come by and when you find them, they can be expensive. (DAMHIK) You have a lot of competition for few parts.

Belt trim is, slightly, different between Dodge's and Plymouths so know what you are looking for and at before you spend the money. Good windshield trim is not easy to find. Visors are different from HTs and rear view mirror mountings may be on a 70 (not sure about that year, check the parts books).

Rear seat panels are expensive so if someone has already cut in that set of cheap Kraco speakers, either learn to love them, replace them with better speakers or be ready to shell out big money for rear panels. Convertible specific panels around the top well are not easy to find and costly. SOME convertible parts like the hydraulic pump and lines for the top are available in the aftermarket.

Trust me, what ever you don't need is plentiful and cheap. What you need will be scarce and expensive. Buy it when you find it whether you need it right away or not as you may never see another one.

MOST body panels interchange with standard Coronet cars so you have a greater source of sheet metal, interior parts, etc. Rear quarters and, possibly, the Dutchman panel will have to be modified if they need replaced.

Make sure you purchase the most complete car you can. It will be quicker and probably cheaper to refurbish convertible specific parts that are there as opposed to finding and buying parts that are missing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Purge Spammer

I have restored a 70 coronet r/t convertible of which 296 were made, total production.
The 70 coronet 500 convertible (total production 924) is the only car that will exchange most parts.
I suggest that you find a restorable car that has not been raped
As Warhawk said, parts are hard to find and the cost of parts, if you can find them, will make you cringe.
All of this being said, if you go ahead and complete the restoration you will have a car that Mopar fans will drowell over!!!

Good luck. If I can be of any help, PM me
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  69 convertible 500 rocker panel question 31ctg 8 29,362 11-23-19, 06:25 AM
Last Post: MarkMopar
  66 convertible well surround trim clips..... bike_guy123 2 18,429 06-22-19, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bike_guy123
  Looking for a windshield gasket for my 53 convertible scotthansen 4 3,363 08-24-17, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ws27
  1970 Coronet Convertible 440 R/T mozz at rpm 1 2,534 01-24-16, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Racer Brown
  69 rt convertible.. rare? Jonathan Craft 11 8,478 02-22-14, 08:44 PM
Last Post: 4264door
  66 interior Convertible side quarter panels stamm321 11 6,380 04-04-13, 11:25 AM
Last Post: jfreakofkorn