Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eBay part hunting= van
uummmm, I have issues! I couldn't resist this buy. When I was 12 years old my best friends dad had a 1976 Dodge Good Time van and I thought it was the coolest thing and always wanted one. Yes Honcho, that was in Wichita Falls, TX. LOL So I through out a offer and scored it! Got to go to Levitton, PA to pick it up Oct. 30.
7305]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[URL="http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/mitchhedbe297438.html"]I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
[/URL]
Reply Purge Spammer

Awesome! I'm jealous...........
67 Coronet 500 - 9.610 @ 139.20 mph
Owned Since 1981

Daughter's Car
67 Coronet 500 Street Car with AC
13.300 @ 101.75 mph

69 GTX clone - build in progress........
Reply Purge Spammer

NICE!!!!
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

Thanks, these machines are a serious piece of hot rod history... This one was built by Rodco in Riverside, CA. and spent 25 years in a storage unit owned buy the original owner in VT, 5 years ago it was sold and has been lingering in PA for the past 5 years setting idol. I cant wait to get this to my shop and start a restoration...
[URL="http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/mitchhedbe297438.html"]I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
[/URL]
Reply Purge Spammer

Talk about a throw back! Nice!
Reply Purge Spammer

Extremely cool indeed!

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

I'm thinking Dark Cherry Metallic with flat black accents and a grey/silver/black interior. That wood grain has gotta go! LOL Might sand formica and apply a high gloss base coat/clear coat medium metallic silver and replace the shag with a 3 tone silver shag. Any and all input would be considered helpful.

I thought about doing a small slant chop on the roof... 3" in back and 4" in the front I think is the formula?

7306]

7307]

[/URL]
Reply Purge Spammer

Maybe leaving the roof line at factory specs would allow for more headroom and better outside visibility?

You might want to check out the House Of Kolor website. Some extremely cool colors available there. Below is a link to a page showing many of their available colors.

House Of Kolor page link: http://www.houseofkolor.com/speedshapes/...himrin.jsp

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

thebankerstoy Wrote:Maybe leaving the roof line at factory specs would allow for more headroom and better outside visibility?

You might want to check out the House Of Kolor website. Some extremely cool colors available there. Below is a link to a page showing many of their available colors.

House Of Kolor page link: http://www.houseofkolor.com/speedshapes/...himrin.jsp

Richard

Yea Richard as much as I hate to admit it @ 6'3" the chop top will be an issue, I just love that slant look. Being a painter by (hobby) heart, I will definitely pull something cool off, my chopper was all H of C. I love to work with the stuff it goes on and flows like car paint should.

7308]

[/URL]
Reply Purge Spammer

Maybe you could give the van a similar looking rake by modifying the suspension a bit rather than chopping the top? A lot less work and you'd be able to keep the inside headroom and the outside visibility. Wink

I had my painter use the House Of Kolor Candy Tangerine Pearl on my custom graphics on my 1999 Ram back in 1999 and I absolutely love it! Everything is ghosted on the trucks original Solar Yellow color and then the entire truck was re-clearcoated. While my custom paint work doesn't show up very well in photographs, it looks killer in person! Big Grin

You can't see anything here, but there are custom painted House Of Kolor Candy Tangerine Pearl flames on the front grille, hood and front doors and an exact replica of the 1969 standing Road Runner with helmet on the middle of the front fascia in between the air ducts and fog lamp openings.

[Image: 1999DodgeRam1500SportQuadCab.jpg~original]

In this picture that you can't see, there is a large ghosted 3D replica of the Chrysler Pentastar on the fiberglass bed cover.

[Image: 1999Ram1500Sport-custom3-DpaintedPe.jpg~original]

On the tailgate there is a replica of the 1970 style running Road Runner with dust trail and block style DODGE letters

[Image: 1999Ram1500SportQuadCab-rear.jpg~original]

I use to love watching people walk by my truck at car shows and having them all of a sudden stop dead in their tracks when they saw the ghosted artwork! Not for everybody, but I love it. Big Grin

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oops, I've done it again part ???....... ws27 33 27,541 06-13-19, 12:34 AM
Last Post: thebankerstoy
  '66/'67 Part Availablilty JimKueneman 14 7,776 09-02-17, 12:21 AM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  eBay Finds 67RTBlue 3 3,396 03-28-17, 08:25 PM
Last Post: R/T XTC
  Not a Coronet but Sweeet!! Part Deux 67440Dodge 13 7,611 02-02-17, 11:04 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  Hemi Hideout - part 3 honcho 5 4,121 05-03-14, 12:15 AM
Last Post: honcho
  Looking for any part(s) ... Anyone jfreakofkorn 38 20,056 04-22-14, 01:17 AM
Last Post: NZ 68 R/T
  Anyone ever buy anything from a nomarvin on ebay? Warhawkfight34 0 2,839 04-09-14, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Warhawkfight34
  tranney speedo part honcho 13 7,324 03-09-14, 01:17 AM
Last Post: ws27