Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trunk mat?
Howdy Folks,

Anyone have opinions on where to get a trunk mat? I got the package tray from Legendary and was very happy. So, I'd likely default to them. But if anyone has other thoughts or experiences, please let me know. Thank you.

6754]6755]6756]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Purge Spammer

I've bought a few from legendary but you can try dantesparts too.
Clean as a whistle 
Smelling like a rose
Reply Purge Spammer

Question about trunk mats. Our cars original trunk mat had an extension sewed onto the front of it to go up over the axle part of the trunk. Has anyone seen a repro with this? The one in this picture appears to have this same extension sewed on. We actually had year one send us material but would have to have someone sew it. I'm wondering if back in the day Chrysler had one mat for the trunk and depending on body style had an extension to sew on? Would a convertible or sedan have a different length trunk pan in the axle area? We have a 2dr Hardtop.
Reply Purge Spammer

Nice ride oldskool,what I did was buy a nice rug and used the old mat as a template ,fit perfectly and cost me about 20.00 ,bought a rug with same color as car,and is very neat and clean
66 Coronet 500 convertible 440,727,2500 stall,was 430 hp, we ain't got a clue now, just get in and enjoy the rumble
Reply Purge Spammer

Anyone else have a two piece trunk mat? It looks like Oldskools is 2 pieces, and my original mat in my 67 had a second piece that covered the additional frontal area just like his. The goofy part is that it was a different pattern than the larger piece!
Reply Purge Spammer

I had to order another one, same here, I cut the 2nd one and had it sown to go over the top like the original! I don't know why they just didn't make them like the original?
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

Many of the aftermarket parts being offered these days live by the motto "close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades". Some of that is due to the manufactures lack of research on the parts, but it should also be remembered that most of the original tooling that Chrysler used to make the original parts were destroyed back in the 1970's when Chrysler received the first government bailout. The lack of original tooling is also why aftermarket reproduction parts cost so much. Making the part itself isn't the expensive part of the process, researching and producing the correct tooling to make the parts is what is so costly, plus they have to pay licensing fees to Chrysler to reproduce exact replicas of parts for our vintage cars as well, so it all adds up and manufactures will cut costs whenever possible, so that may be why the trunk mats we're talking about here aren't the same size as the originals.

Richard

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

An update to this topic. We purchased a mat from our local Chrysler dealer that has resto parts and it came with the correct extension sewn on.
Rosevillemoparts.com if anyone is interested. I don't know the company that makes it.
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  '67 Coronet Trunk Gasket stonehengeheels 3 1,764 08-26-22, 11:29 AM
Last Post: 67440Dodge
  Trunk liner OldSkool 1 2,972 06-18-16, 08:17 PM
Last Post: ws27
  Trunk Spatter Progress OldSkool 2 3,874 05-12-16, 04:17 PM
  Finished priming the trunk OldSkool 3 3,630 04-29-16, 01:19 PM
  More Trunk discovery on Seattle Coronet Robb 1 2,685 03-27-16, 11:58 PM